Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Zoom-Zoom
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Car advice

Hey guys. I'm looking into getting a 98 Range Rover HSE. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or things to look for in these SUVs. The one that I want is black with 77K miles, loaded. Let me know what you guys think!

Chris.

·
Professional Troll
586 Posts
Remember if a Range dosen't leak then there is no oil!

·
Zoom-Zoom
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about a 1998-2000 Audi A4 1.8T? Any current/previous owners got any experiences or advice about them? Thanks.

·
Banned
497 Posts
Stash a couple hundred bucks a month for future repairs.... :bigthumb:

·
Zoom-Zoom
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wish I could find a nice black SC400 in my area. But I can't, at least for the price I'm looking at.

I've heard the Audi has some electrical issues like the RR. Anyone confirm this?

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
yikes, you like some piece of shit cars huh? RR is junk, junk, junk, junk. Not unless you have some strange affinity towards them or like having a 5000lb paperweight.

Audi, better then the RR, but not that great either. I know some people, not a lot of problems, I know others that the car is a total nightmare - and that goes for all trims and models.

I think you should revise your list. What exactly are you looking for?

·
Zoom-Zoom
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, to be honest, I like the way the RR looks, and my wife said that I would look good in one, so I figured I would try to get some info before I went and got one. I would've also liked one when I finally get my project Supra, as you can tow 7000 lbs with it. but that's a ways off.

The Audi I like better than the RR (AWD + Turbo + luxury sedan for Ohio weather), but it doesn't look as good, nor does it tow anything. There are a couple of newer ones in my area that are much newer than my 92 Acura Legend.

I really wanted the SC400. But there is only 1 in my area (<200 miles from 45420) that's black in decent condtion. I also looked for a 95-99 Eclipse/Talon, but the one black one was an Auto, so there's a no go there.

I really don't know what I'm looking for...

·
6,137 Posts
not a lexus, but a bit more reliable. the 750il is a cool car - if you dont mind the chance of some goofy stuff, small little eletrical gremlins etc its a pretty fast sedan especially the 750 and good looking too IMO. Some people have a bunch of dumb shit to deal with - others are relatively trouble free.

if reliablity is important to you I would keep going....

·
6,137 Posts
96/97 Lexus LS
SC300/400

Acura RL, TL

What is "sporty" An s2000? or a WRX? Ignore the Audi's, BMW's, MB's, etc on a tighter budget. I'd go with reliable as balls and older or newer and has cheaper parts.

If you dont mind FWD, 00-01 Deville - believe it or not I know a few people with them and they have had little problems. :dunno: Aside from handling a like a castle, I kind of like them too.

or another FWD Infiniti I30/I35

·
Professional Troll
586 Posts
E38 is a great car, reliablity is not bad, and fun to drive (for a car of that size)

740i with sport seats is the best, all 750's I saw were long wheel base (completely useless for me) and with non-sport seats with useless gadgets like a rear curtain and hydraulic rear suspension.

Try it first, The ride in the one I had (740il with M-par) had a very harsh ride, you may not like it.

·
Zoom-Zoom
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Let's see...

No LS. Uber reliable...uber plain.

If I'm going to get an SC, it would be a 400, as that's the engine that's going into the future project. And I can't find one that I like within 200 miles.

No old Acuras. I have one now, and it's great and all, just boring and FWD. I don't want my next car to be FWD too.

No American cars. No offense to anyone by me saying this.

"Sporty" is Supra-esque cars (300zx, 3000gt, rx7, etc), DSMs, WRX would be sporty, but I had an older Subaru and wasn't super pleased with it. I also looked a the SVX, but...eh. Something "cool" and 2 doors, RWD or AWD is considered sporty to me.

I guess I have to keep thinking...or be less picky. I've basically ruled out everything that's been said. Thanks for the help guys (especially Wob).

*EDIT* I also meant to mention "handles like a castle" is freaking hilarious.

·
Zoom-Zoom
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mazinger said:
E38 is a great car, reliablity is not bad, and fun to drive (for a car of that size)

740i with sport seats is the best, all 750's I saw were long wheel base (completely useless for me) and with non-sport seats with useless gadgets like a rear curtain and hydraulic rear suspension.

Try it first, The ride in the one I had (740il with M-par) had a very harsh ride, you may not like it.
I've ridden in a 740iL and it was uber nice. I've also driven a 745Li...but not necessarily pertinent to this conversation as it's $80K more than my budget, LOL.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts