Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats up...i am looking at a 94 6 spd bpu and the only things wrong with it was:
1. when you step on the gas to rev it in neutral it revs perfect but when it goes back to idle it almost dies out and then goes back up to normal idle...but the harder you rev it and faster u let off the gas the more it seems like its gonna die..does anyone know what the problem is...

2. i think that the right rear wheel bearing on the car is going bad...i was wondering how hard or expensive it is to change these and is it bad to keep driving on it and can they just lock up while im driving on the highway or something??

3. the last major problem i found was that when i get on it in first gear and as soon as the car hits 4700-5000 rpms when the second turbo should kick in it has a really quick miss..its very fast it kind of feels like it hits the rev limiter for a second...its hard to explain ...it only happeneds sometimes in the lower gears ..and the turboes are perfect because they still spool fast and perfect even if this happeneds...also the boost controller wasnt hooked up tot he car..it was running stock boost and there is no BCC or anything lke that...

ok if anyone can tell me any info on these questions it would help alot..i also did a search on all of these and didnt find exactly what i was lookin for...
ok answer anything you guys can

thanx in advance
ant

G

·
I am assuming that the car has a bov right? if that is the case then the maf sensor is picking the air that is vented into the atomosphere by the bov and the computer is making a correction for it. To solve this problem , you can get a vpc , aem , or safc . you can also put on the stock bov along with a aftermarket one or just put on the stock bov.

Are you sure its the bearing? if its stock rims , the caps get loose with time. take it off and put some kind of goo on it and put it back on , problem solved. If it is the bearing , then i really dont know. You might want to check on mkiv.com and see if they have the steps on there to replace it.

I really dont know about this problem , other then the fact thats where the 2nd turbo kicks on around those rpms. With stock dp you wont feel the 2nd turbo kick as hard, but with a aftermarket one you will feel it kick in hard.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx

well thanx for the reply...but i dont have stock rims..they are 3 piece polished trd wheels..18's...
if this makes any diff...

i dont understand how the air that gets vented out of the BOV can be deteced by the MAF sensor....i was thinkin that maybe the problem was just a bad MAF sensor or something....but i would think that would give me a Check engine light....anyore ideas

oh yeah also i realized that if i have the A/C on and i rev it like that the car doesnt stall or have this problem at all it revs and drops to idle perfectly...if i turn the A/C off it goes right back to the normal problem....

ok thanx
ant

·
You serious?
3,000 Posts
Re: thanx

IcedSuPrA said:
oh yeah also i realized that if i have the A/C on and i rev it like that the car doesnt stall or have this problem at all it revs and drops to idle perfectly...if i turn the A/C off it goes right back to the normal problem....

ok thanx
ant
That's because you're putting a heavier load on the engine with the AC on. I have the same problems that you're describing. People have told me to raise my idle, remove my aftermarket BOV, adjust my fuel, etc. I just learned to deal with it. It really doesn't bother me all that much.

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Re: thanx

IcedSuPrA said:
well thanx for the reply...but i dont have stock rims..they are 3 piece polished trd wheels..18's...
if this makes any diff...

i dont understand how the air that gets vented out of the BOV can be deteced by the MAF sensor....i was thinkin that maybe the problem was just a bad MAF sensor or something....but i would think that would give me a Check engine light....anyore ideas

ok thanx
ant

The problem is the MAF does NOT see the change in air that is why it may feel as if it will stall...The air is dumped so fast from the system that the MAF does not have time to react

As far as turning the A/C on, the ECU will automatically bump up the idle when the A/C clutch is engaged...

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok

ok well that problem is solved...

now anyone know any info on the others...the wheel bearings i will probbaly just get changed if they get worse...how much would that be..

the most important thing that i amn worried about is the rpoblem with the quick miss feeling or the rev liiter feeling right when the transition to the 2nd turbo hits...it feels like it hits the rev limiter for a split second then the turbo spools perfect

any ideas on this..

thanx
ant

·
Registered
104 Posts
Try Upping the Idle And See How It Goes

It can be that simple. My car would stumble like you describe when I had the idel set to 650-700 RPM. Turned it up to 850-900 and I have never had it stumble again. Bad94Sup is absolutely right about the A/C.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok

ok well thats probably the problem since with the a/c on it doesnt have the problem..now all i need to ask is how hard nd basically how do i adjust the idle??

thanx
ant

also im gonna make a separate thread about my sequesntial problem that i explained above

thanx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts