Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys im in the market for a car buffer cuz im getting my car back in about a week and i want the baby to shine. Do u guys got any recommendations on which brand or kind i should buy ?

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
Porter Cable 7424 and some Lake County Pads. You can get 6" pads, or the better 7.5" pads, but get an upgraded counterweight if you go with a large diameter pad.

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
I was going to get one of these also. Can you use it as a sander does anyone know?

·
Noise ≠ Power...
638 Posts
Hey, that remind me- I (like a doofus) used a brillo pad tryin to clean off some gunk from my clear turn signals, and now they have this wonderful haze to them since they're all roughed up. What can I use to kinda polish them back to a clean, clear finish? :ugh2:

·
Hayabusa Killer
722 Posts
yeah usually you can polish plastic by hand. I usually do it to 2k then compound and buff/ polish.

Otherwise for the thread starter what everyone else said. Also get some good light polishes as well, if you really wanna keep it as nice as you can.

Alex (Alx2785)

·
Wangan Nasty
1,807 Posts
Porter Cable 7336SP, same damn thing as a 7424 but much cheaper. When you are detailing you change out the backing plate and the pads also for the good ones. The only difference between the machines is the stock backing plate. The 7424 is around 150 bucks, but a 7336SP is 110 bucks with tax from lowes. The 7336 and 7424 are all slightly different models in the same family of dual orbital sanders/buffers.

As for pads a 5 in or 6 in pad is more than enough, Autopia has the Sonus Pads and backing plates, or a good alternative is the autoglym pads and plate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts