Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says need recommendations for a good quality car cover that will fit TRD WB. If anyone has any input, links, and/or pics would be great! TIA

·
My Own "Carbon Fiber Guy"
2,289 Posts
You are not going to find a fitted car cover unless you have one made. Your best bet is to get a large SUV cover and tuck the extra material under the car. That is what I did with mine. It is not an out doors solution but in the garage it works just fine.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i figured i could just get a larger than norm one. however, i have to keep outside my townhome so looking for a good outdoor company.

·
2,289 Posts
yeah i figured i could just get a larger than norm one. however, i have to keep outside my townhome so looking for a good outdoor company.
No garage for that beauty?! Bummer. We'll you could get one that has the holes in it for a cable lock and synch it in. That would keep it from coming off randomly.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Think a good one could be found at the usual auto stores or something like Sears etc....?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No garage for that beauty?! Bummer. We'll you could get one that has the holes in it for a cable lock and synch it in. That would keep it from coming off randomly.
Only for a little while will it be out, we are moving into a townhome for 6mos in order to buy a house (with a garage,lol) after the next 6mos.

·
Boost Junkie
12,622 Posts
A decent car cover is going to run you $350.00 for an outside cover. I would check on putting the car in a storage unit. Those typically run $100.00/month or so. You can keep the car there where it will be safe and out of the sun and then move it to your garage when you move into your house.

Steve

·
2,289 Posts
A decent car cover is going to run you $350.00 for an outside cover. I would check on putting the car in a storage unit. Those typically run $100.00/month or so. You can keep the car there where it will be safe and out of the sun and then move it to your garage when you move into your house.

Steve
That is genius. This idea has my vote.

·
Registered
487 Posts
^
good idea i thought to do the same thing but of course storage tried to charge me $220 so i bought a supra cover off of craigslist from another supra owner...Im just wondering how to stop the car cover from messing up a cars paint job...Im afraid to put it on being that i just got my car painted

·
Registered
352 Posts
doesnt Covercraft car covers make custom covers. Im pretty sure you just make a few measurements and send it to them and they can custom fit a cover for your car. Unsure of price though. The storage unit sounds like a good idea too though

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Steve
yeah i have thought of that but not sure if i wanna do that. i like the idea of having the supra close to me. i will look into it though.

·
2,289 Posts
What if i put some sort of blanket inbetween the car cover and the car
If you use a car cover every once in a while and are not taking it on and off frequently then the car cover will not leave a ton of swirl marks. Also, the car has to be clean when you put the cover on!!!! Dragging a car cover over dirt on the paint will leave marks. Even with a blanket. And if you have a cover that gets dirty then it can scratch the car with all of the dirt, dust and road grit stuck to it. Then if you try to wash your car cover the chemicals that were used to water proof the cover tend to wash out and eventually your car cover will turn into a giant sponge and rain will no longer just bead and roll off. Ask me how I know all of this......

So:

1.) Car must be clean
2.) Cover must be clean
3.) Don't take the cover on and off every day
4.) Don't wash the cover more than a few times if you like protection from the elements.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I covered my fd that had an amazing House of Colorz paint job with a cover that cost me only $150. At that time the fd was my DD and i never had any issues with swirling or scratching even taking the cover off daily. The supra gets driven maybe once per week and has been painted by the shop which is another amazing job so im thinking a nice Covercraft cover would be fine.

But, like TurboDunn has said, with the covers you have got to use a lil common sense when using a cover. Definately need to make sure the car is clean anytime you are going to be covering it. My car gets a bath after every drive, therefore its clean and ready to go for the next ride and not dirty in between.

·
Registered
240 Posts
i'm actually using a carcover meant for my camry lol it has elastic ends on the front and back so it actually hugs under the front and rear bumper. there's just a little bit (maybe 2 inches) of the bottom of the wheels that aren't covered, but my car is inside. i don't know if that helps you or not but i thought i'd let you know

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
think its gonna be a Covercraft cover or possibly storage unit.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Just keep it at the Supra Hotel!!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts