Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:soapbox: Not going to be able to put the car in the garage over the summer . . . step dad has two fucking goldwings, a side car and trailer and a Damn John deer garden tractor w/ a 52" deck for mowing our 75' x 75' yard :faint: won't sell the damn thing :rolleyes: If room can be made for a car apparently it will be my moms Matrix, no one cares that the Supra will have double the money invested in it someone want to slap these people for me :wtcslap:

So I guess I order a cover from Cali covers? Or are there better ones out there?

I have an ebay cover here that has one small tear in it about 4 inches long, close to the bottom if I remember correctly $12 shipped.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
get your own house?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have the money for a down payment anymore . . . the Supra has that. had I not given those funds over to the Supra it would still be sitting in the Garage not running . . . So I have opted to spend the $400 on the cover until I need to move out. That being once they have sold his old house, and find a new place to live, which will likely be too far for me to commute to and from school, at which time I will seek residence in the town where I go to school.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you mean by works? This one I have fits fine, but I think it is only good for keeping drit off of the car and probably stopping a portion of UV rays . . . I want my car to stay dry, be able to breath, be protected from the sun and what not.

Thanks for the imput, but hopefully not to many people cheap out with that cover. . .

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
get a cheap cover and spend the money on an alarm instead, preferably one with two-way page.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts
wh0wants2know said:
get a cheap cover and spend the money on an alarm instead, preferably one with two-way page.
Two-way page? Like you get a page that the alarm went off... then you can page the car back and say you'll be right there?

:) how does that work?

·
Registered
689 Posts
haha brent

ebay covers are shit. not THE SHIT, just shit.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2-way means that the remote will viberate and make noise if the car alarm is activated. It can tell you if your doors are locked or unlocked and then one I already have will tell you what the temperature is inside the car. As opposed to a regular setup where your "key fab" only sends a signal to your car but does not recieve one from the car.

Yeah, I have one already and am not getting a cheap car cover. I will spend the $200-400 to get a damn good one!

·
A Happy Dad
2,321 Posts
KLH2004a said:
Thanks for the imput, but hopefully not to many people cheap out with that cover. . .
It's actually a fine cover by Budge (its on it right now to keep all the yellow pollen off) and it did exactly what I needed it to but but let me tell you in my southern state when I opened it up after a couple of months I had signs of mildew everywhere.... last time I do that, lol.
From reading the post I realize that you have a major additude adjustment on the way, if you don't like what stepdad is up to gtfo and see how easy it is on your own, maybe that $400 ought to go for a down payment on a luxury condo with a garage, they're probably all over where you live[end rant]

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
yeah, I got the same problem here, my car is the most expensive, but I'm in the driveway...

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mdr40z said:
It's actually a fine cover by Budge (its on it right now to keep all the yellow pollen off) and it did exactly what I needed it to but but let me tell you in my southern state when I opened it up after a couple of months I had signs of mildew everywhere.... last time I do that, lol.
From reading the post I realize that you have a major additude adjustment on the way, if you don't like what stepdad is up to gtfo and see how easy it is on your own, maybe that $400 ought to go for a down payment on a luxury condo with a garage, they're probably all over where you live[end rant]
I am sorry if that came across wrong, but I am just sick of people cheaping out with their MKIIIs. Those signs of mildew is what I am concerned with and why I am looking to spend more money on a cover. I am glad that the cover does the job that you need it to do being keeping pollen off. This cover that I have will do the same but it does seem to trap in moisture, so you couls say that is kind of a high maintnance cover in the sense that you need to take it off frequently to let the car dry out. Perhaps that is not a big deal if you actually have a running car :tear:

No I don't like what what stepdad is up to, but when it comes down to it I can not have my Supra and my own place at this point in time, it is one or the other. So I am looking to be able to have my supra and offer it the best protection I can in the driveway.

Do I drive the car in the rain, I suppose the answer to that is probably yes. If it is raining when I am going to leave home I will take a different vehicle if the situation provides for that.

Althought I haven't driven it for probably 16 months (withdraw), it is always parked once the salt goes down.

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
Ummmm is someone playing a joke on you, you realize they're dropping a 7mge motor in there right?????

j/p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts