Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was leaving the gas station tonight, I pulled up to the station exit and my lights just started to dim slowly then my rpms slowed and it just died.... no interior lights or anything.. put the key in and nothing happened at all. I poped the hood and looked at all my wires (hard to see in the dark) didnt see anything out of the ordinary. I got back in the car, poped the hatch to get my tool kit and the interior lights came on. So I started the car again and it started, but slowly died. I tried again and it ran long enought to put it in a parking space.. then died sloooowly. WTF? Anyway... my parents were close so they came and picked my GF and I up to take her home, then we went back to my car, started it... it ran.. and they followed me home w/ no problems.

Very wierd, but it seemed to me that maybe something was shorting out? Would that cause the car to "dim" and die slowly? I have a 14" BM fan running constant and a 10" BM fan on a on/off switch. I also have the front pusher fan (auto tranny) hooked up to a relay to kick in when the A/C is on. The 10" fan and A/C were off.

Another wierd thing since my tranny swap is that my "tail light out" idiot light comes on and all my lights are working. Also, when I pulled my rear bulb assymblies out to check the bulbs, they were unusually hot.

Sorry for the long post.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
ur battery is dead...take it to auto zone to see if its re-charge-able :)if its not...prepare to spend 80 bucks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just sounds too wierd to be that... why would it run fine all day and on the way home after?

Or is the battery just on its last leg and not holding a charge very well?

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
$pecialk91turbo said:
I just sounds too wierd to be that... why would it run fine all day and on the way home after?

Or is the battery just on its last leg and not holding a charge very well?

happened to me 2 days ago..exact same symptoms

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok cool... I'll test my battery tomorrow.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts