Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When i drive normally (slow for me ) My car never dies at idle. If i get on it (boost, and ~4000RPM) and push in my clutch my car just dies. If i let it rev back down to ~2000 RPM then push in my clutch then im good. I can drive around this problem, but I dont want to. Could I be stuck in safe mode, or cold start mode? How can i verify this? I know im running rich because of my dark plugs. Notable info is that i have a Lexus AFM, 550s, no piggy backs, and a hks bov? Also I'm having trouble gettin my TPS in to spec, but i have all the TSRM specs?? Any ideas? :dunno:

~scott

·
1991 1JZ
1,157 Posts
deccelerate instead of just boosting then pushing in the clutch, leave it in gear and slow down with the engine still in gear.

also try tightening your BOV a little bit.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, my BOV is vented to atmosphere. Should i try and tighten it up so it keeps more metred air in my charge pipes?

~scott

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
ive had my BOV adjusted hundreds of ways and i never had an issue with it shutting off.

The only issues I had with the car stalling . . . as you know. . . is with my AFM in its learning stage.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
was your stalling similar to mine? My car seems to run too well for my AFM to be off? Ill check it tonite. If i let the car rev down (still in gear) then clutch at like ~2000 RPM then i dont stall, only after boost / ~4000 rpm?

~scott

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
yea mine did it all the time. Prob isnt that. but just a thought.

I dont know anything about the dashpot, but if the DR says try it, try it

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, i was also looking the dashpot on TSRM...so that would mean my screw on the bottom of the TB is out of spec, or is my problem related more to the little air filter on the end?

~scott

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
has nothing to do w/it being in/out of spec. what you need to do is look @ the function of the dashpot- it holds the throttle open for a bit when you let off. tighten it up (i.e. make it hold the throttle open more) and it should cure most of your stalling problems....

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks Dr. J.

~scott

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
It's either the dashpot as Dr says or a vacuum leak. I had the same problem with mine after a rebuild, and it turned out to be a vacuum leak on the #6 injector insulator.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts