Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Driver.
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright the problems is this, any time I slide the car for more than a few seconds it dies. sometimes it's like boost cut and just drops to idle, I put my foot on the clutch and it will come back after sitting still a while. Other times it just flat out stalls.
I just removed the top of my fuel tank and checked all hoses and connections, everthing is fine. I do have a BCC on the car, but have had no other problems with it in over 1 1/2 years. Traction fuse has been removed, straight bpu, car runs strong asides this. Thanks for any imput in advance
-James

·
Im da TRAIN, u on da trax
666 Posts
maybe gas is swinging out the intake of the fuel pump inlet?

u doing donuts in one direction?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Sounds like the same problem I had once. Ended up being something stupid I did mine with like 1/2 tank maybe a little less and what I figure was the problem was the fuel going to one side of the tank. No problems doing it with a full tank.
Peace

·
I pretend to be fast
1,030 Posts
It could be that if you slide it enough it kinda rolls backwards alittle. If you move in the wrong direction the computer will stall the car because you are in 1st gear but your tires are moving in reverse. You know what I mean? This has been a problem with my other two cars. Never on the supra, but its a poss.

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,715 Posts
I have felt this after several rotations. I don't ever remember it happening though during clockwise circles, only counter.

·
EchoDeDupra
4,118 Posts
... hmm... seems like I'm going to have to check this out....

:)::Runs off to go back to fixing the broken radiator ::: )

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I've had it happen to me also during a counter-clockwise donut. I couldnt tell you if I had a low tank of gas or not though...I just figured I flooded the motor for some reason during throttling into the donut, or rather maybe even letting off the gas too much as I was into the spin.

Hmmm...I'd look into it more if my Pilots weren't so fuckin expensive :D

·
6 speed
1,318 Posts
mine does it too. i made a thread about it awhile ago. just dont floor it, in these cars, more is less in my opinion. i give it very LIGHT throttle after it gets to spinning (which isnt hard because all you do is go full clock and drive and the rear end will come out on its own). however if i wanna hit up the sydeshowz i go with a FULL tank and there are no problems no matter how hard i swing. just fill the tank up, make sure you have enough oil, use light throttle modulations, and you'll swing like a champ.

·
Supra TT Senior
1,886 Posts
This might be dumb but have you considered perhaps not doing donuts? I dont think you will lose power when you're in a normal turn

·
Registered
707 Posts
Andi B noted this a few years back doing road course with less than half a tank. Take a hard corner and the engine peter's out. He thought it was gas concontrating in the wrong part of the tank and the pick up(s) running dry. Try it with a full tank and it should go anway. If it is still present then you know you have a wiring issue somewhere.

·
6 speed
1,318 Posts
s14roller said:
This might be dumb but have you considered perhaps not doing donuts? I dont think you will lose power when you're in a normal turn
I didnt buy a RWD car for nothing. donuts, powerslides, figured 8s, 'breaking it loose', breakstands, and burnouts are fun. maybe im still young...

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
So, with the traction control on, it makes the car kill when in an all-out tire spin (donut)...and then hard to start back up (a few extra cranks)? :rolleyes:

I've had my traction fuse pulled for about 5yrs now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts