Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm driving my car and come to a sharp 90 degree turn to the right that has a maybe 15 degree slope downwards at the beginning of the turn. I get around the corner and car dies / stalls. I pull to the side of the road and put it in park (this car is a 1998 single turbo automatic) and remove the key from ignition and put it back in to crank. When I attempt to start, it just cranks and cranks. I get out and reset the ecu by removing the two fuses as everyone is used to and bam starts right up and drives fine the rest of the way home.

Anyone have any idea what the problem may be? Electrical of some sort?

· Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found a vacuum leak at the boost controller line from one of the pressure sources. I will see after fixing this leak if the problem returns.

· Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder if fuel loss was playing a role in this instead of the vacuum line coming off.

Does the Supra have an accident safety feature that cuts fuel to prevent fire like some cars with inertia switches do?

· Registered
942 Posts
sometimes mine cut out when i'd tap the glove box, turn off the radio and honk the horn three times, all in sequence...

But honestly, i'd say it is a fuel problem, most likely the lack there of. This is one of the main reasons I like the sumped fuel cells with external pumps, never have this problem!!

Id say fill up the entire tank and hit that turn again and see if it does the same thing.

· Toyota Master Tech
1,503 Posts
never really post here but here you go have seen this problem at work. First check and make sure all coil packs are connected properly second lightly wiggle the harness at the ecu mainly if car stalls you have a loose pin at the connector.

· Registered
601 Posts
were you coming off of high boost? i had that happen w/ mine before if i'd come off acceleration and brake hard and come to a stop or a sharp turn. mine was in a 6 sp though. others at the time said they had the same thing happen and explained why but i can't remember. not sure if was related to being a manual or not though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.