Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When ever i rev my car past 2.5k or 3k, and then put it on neutral, my car just dies...i dont understand why...is it cuz my blow off valve is realeasing too much air, then shutting off the throtle?? i don't know what?? help!!

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's an aftermarket zen BOV...no, it's not venting to the atmosphere, it's underneath the hood

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my zen BOV, if you ever heard of it, is facing my intake or filter...and yah i still have a stock MAF....do you mean whatever my BOV releases does my filter suck it up??

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
With the stock BOV, boost is vented back into the intake pipe after the MAF. This is important because this are has already been measured by the MAF. I think that your BOV is venting boost to the outside, and not back into the intake after the MAF. If this is the case, the car will "loose" air that has already been measured. When this happens the ECU will inject enough fuel to go with the air that was measured, but since it was loost you will run very rich for a moment and stall out.
Check out the pictures of the stock BOV and the dual BOV mod on mkiv.com if you don't know how the stock BOV is routed.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so what would you recommend doing with my setup?? like if i still wanted to have an aftermarket BOV, without any stalling??

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
lol funny ...what bov do you have mabe its to wide open !did you try to adjust it ?
iWISHihadaSUPRA said:
it's an aftermarket zen BOV...no, it's not venting to the atmosphere, it's underneath the hood

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have a zen BOV...and yah, when i drive it normally...i can hear the BOV already, it's pretty loud, i think it's letting out too much air or something...i dont' know how to adjust this BOV...i never had a zen BOV

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
iWISHihadaSUPRA said:
no offense, but that's funny. :D
so what would you recommend doing with my setup?? like if i still wanted to have an aftermarket BOV, without any stalling??
You'll need a VPC or HKS AFR.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so if i get one of these programs, or similar to it, i can keep my aftermarket BOV, and leave the stock MAF on??

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
is there anything else i can do without having to spend like a G for one of those?? maybe can i change my BOV to one i can adjust so it won't release so much pressure??

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My suggestion would be to get the HKS s-AFR. It only runs about $350 or so and it is truly a great product. It will solve you idle problem, because it has a feature that adjusts for BOV venting. In addition, you should be able to pick up anywhere from 10-40 rwhp with it because it will allow you to tune your air/fuel mixture which probably isn't optimum.

$$$ for $$$ a much better mod than the VPC at your your modification level.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i guess i'm just going to change it to the HKS one...i hear a lot of good things about it

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What car do you have, you wish you had a supra??? So what do you have then. Anways, your BOV is probably adjustable. Its probably set to loose. It is probably staying open at idle and sucking in unmetered air. Also you will be running a little rich between shifts if you dont vent back into the intake. Youll spit shit out of your muffler when shifting, may decrease spool time, unless really moded.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I laughed my ass off haha, "Its under the hood" hehehe no shit.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol, i know, im a newbie...but yah, ur exactly right, every time i shift, i seem to shift rich, and shit comes out my exhaust....also there seems to be a lag i think on my first gear, i don't feel that strong pull like the other gears...could that be another problem cuz of my BOV??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts