Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I installed me greddy type-s BOV along with some hardpipes. After the install I revved it up to test the BOV and when the rpms went down it died, and will die if I don’t keep on the gas. I got some kind of vacuum leak some where I just cant find it. Any one knows of any easier way of finding the problem area?

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Back track everything that you did to try and find where you may have knocked off a hose. Some people use starting fluid or wd-40 sprayed near some of the fittings to see where the engine jumps to locate the leak.

B

·
0 Posts
If the bov is vented to atmosphere it will stall. The air its venting was already metered, and fuel was sent to the engine to burn with that air that is no longer there, hence its rich and stalls.

·
Registered
370 Posts
It may. I would stay closed atmosphere or go SS unless you've got a stand alone that compensates. It'll run better. To me that's more important than scaring neighborhood children.. (but only barely :) )

Oh, IMO. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
272 Posts
try to tighten up the BOV see if that helps it does not need to open at idle speed just WOT cus there's more presure up there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts