Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have a somewhat strange problem. I was driving my 88 Turbo and after I shut it off, maybe 30 seconds after I walked away from the car the alarm went off.

I disconnected the battery to shut it up. When I reconnected it, it wouldn't start, the starter doesn't even try to turn. I figured it was the alarm cutting the power.

So I have been looking around on here and was reading about the factory alarm sucking, so I was going to remove it and ground the Blue/Orange wire. Well, I got under the steering wheel and couldn't find the alarm ecu, but there was a disconnected connector.....But it didn't have the blue/orange wire that was in the connector grounded.

So is there something that I am missing? There is something keeping the starter from working.

· Registered
1,374 Posts
Wiggle ur postive and negative around on the battery but keep ur key on the ignition on power off with the door open...when u hear the noise that the door is open u should be good..if not check your starter to make sure you didn't disconnect the cable

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The door dings, and both cables are connected.

Also, I found out if the CIG fuse is blown then the alarm goes off. How is this possible if the alarm isn't in the car?

The only thing I can figure is that there is more than one connector with a B/O wire. The one I see is a 16 wire or so...its kind of big, is that the one that goes to the alarm?

· (◕_◕)
8,453 Posts
The door dings, and both cables are connected.

Also, I found out if the CIG fuse is blown then the alarm goes off. How is this possible if the alarm isn't in the car?

The only thing I can figure is that there is more than one connector with a B/O wire. The one I see is a 16 wire or so...its kind of big, is that the one that goes to the alarm?
Factory alarms, worst option, good luck I have no idea on this.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for that helpful reply.

Anyway, so I noticed something else, when I turn the key on my abs light comes on and goes off like normal, but when I ground the B/O wire then it turns the ABS light on. Also, when I turn the key fully, the clock goes out. And the CEL and other lights dim a little bit, but the starter still doesn't turn.

Also, I would still like to find out why the alarm goes off when the CIG fuse is pulled.

· Registered
229 Posts
Isn't it the CIG fuse that powers the alarm? That is what the tsrm says. But that is what I thought was weird, when I took that out it set the alarm off.
i was working on a isuzu once he had the same thing happen to him after going through what u went through i swaped out the starter with a different one and it started right up so check the starter cyliniod and see if its bad

· Registered
39 Posts
my first car was a 87 n/a it left me at school one day when the alarm went off and wouldnt start, I went back and started pulling fuses until it started, was the radio b/c I left it out and had to snag power for the headunit off somthing else. got a 88 turbo before i got around to fixing it

· Registered
602 Posts
lock the car like normal but unlock it from the passenger side and see if that disengages the alarm. this happened to me once. the contacts for the alarm on the door lock cylinder wear out or mess up over time. every time i unlocked it from the driver's side the alarm would go off. try locking and unlocking it from the passenger side. since it sees less action they should still be good. that's what worked for me. before i figured this out my mechanic ghetto rigged the starter so all i had to do was touch a wire to the + battery terminal while someone turned the key and presto.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I tried the passenger door and that didn't work.

And as far as I can tell the alarm has already been removed. I couldn't find the box under the dash where it looks like it should be. There is one plug on the steering column that isn't plugged into anything that has a blue orange wire in it. I tried grounding that, but it didn't work. It is an 18 connector plug, I think. Is that the right one? Or do you have a pic of what the plug looks like?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.