Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had pulled the exterior apart, the lights, spoiler, front bumper, ect, ect, but not a thing under the hood. and It had set for three days.

Anyway I start it up this afternoon and it sounds like a freaking jackhammer. I shut it down instantly. wait an hour or so and start it again, and it still sounds like a freakin jackhammer, It was knocking LOUD. I let it run for a minute and the knock goes away and it idles perfectly now..

I think it had lost oil pressure and was running dry for a few seconds...seems fine now though.

the only thing that worries me is that it had only set for 3 days and it has been a mild 70 degrees here. Has anyone else experienced any situation like this before, The engine runs perfect (its a GE) and has 102K on it with full synthetic every 3k, I've never seen anything like this from sitting only 3 days Knocking like that is not typical for that time period. anyone got an answer or a solution to keep this from happening again other than start it every day.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Change your oil filter before you get worried. There is a one way valve in it to keep it primed. It probably drained back after sitting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts