Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up..last week i replaced my valve stem seals on my bpu 6 spd
car ran good before the install and everything went smoothe witht he install..so since i had the engien apart i went ahead and bought a titan cam gear for the exhaust side...i isnatlled it no problems and set it at -3 degrees since i was told this was the best setting by alot of people..after the job the car runs great and idles perfect and all that..but it just seems to not have the power that it used to...i also noticed that now my boost doesnt hold till redline it bleeds off which it never did before... i was thinking this could be the reason why i dont feel as much power but idk...also can my boost problem be related to the cam gear at all..

any help or feedback would be great
i did search and found nothing usefull

thanx in advance
anthony

·
1,020 Posts
Every car reacts differently to a cam gear install. I would suggest you dyno your car for the best results. If not take it to the track and compare your times, with the differnt settings.

Good luck.

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
Anthony,

I forget if you posted about getting a cam gear a while back but every car reacts differently to a cam gear like I said. Your car might not respond to -3 and some cars make the most power back at 0 which pretty much means the cam gear didn't do anything but put a hole in your wallet. Your best bet would be to get it dyno tuned with the cam gear and see if the car makes more power at any other setting than 0 degrees using whatever power you get at 0 degrees as a baseline.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i think im gonan do that...also another thing is that before i did the install my car would hood boost till redline..now that i did the install and worked out some kinks in my BC..now the BC works better but it bleeds boost a little at higher rpms..could the cam gear have anything to do with this...

anthony

·
Registered
952 Posts
IcedSuPrA said:
yeah i think im gonan do that...also another thing is that before i did the install my car would hood boost till redline..now that i did the install and worked out some kinks in my BC..now the BC works better but it bleeds boost a little at higher rpms..could the cam gear have anything to do with this...

anthony
i would be interest in knowing what you find out about this. I'm in the process of getting another BC just to see if its the apexi avc-r or not that is not allowing me to hold boost. If I floor it in 4th, it would hold 1.2 bar from 4200 to 5800 where it will fall down to 1.1 by redline. But if I shift from 3rd to 4th, my max boost is 1.1 bar which is kinda weird. I'm hoping its the boost controller but I'll see. Let me know and good luck.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
One thing to note is that the ambient temperature has suddenly risen in the NE. In other words, 40 degree days have been replaced with 60 and 70 degree days. So take this into account with regards to performance. Otherwise, make certain that your tensioner was fully tightened and that the belt is not loose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts