Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed ignitor nothing.I checked resistance of crankshaft sensor.It was 1312 and the manual said cold 1630-2750 (page IG1) for resistance.This I take would be the problem?The reason Im posting is that the manual later says normal range for Crankshaft sensor page IG-4 says range is 835-1400.Now this I think is a typo as that is the resistance range of the Camshaft sensor.I just dont want to order another sensor if I dont need one.Im a newbie here as well and any help would be appreciated.I couldnt find the step by step instructions to replace the crankshaft sensor.Any help here would also be appreciated.BTW I also have the proefi which I think is fine?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Are you running AEM?
If your car turns over but doesn't fire you may need another battery. Voltage may be dropping to low.

·
Registered
9,610 Posts
first, check the fuses for the EFI. Next, make SURE the ECU is plugged all the way in. After that, pull coilpacks and check to 100% verify there is no fire. Do all that, then report back.

·
Registered
613 Posts
No spark no start makes sense in a way.
If car was running before, I would check the cam sensors.. I wonder if Proefi uses both like stock ECU (AEM and MOTEC don't). Make sure they are well plugged and eventually switch them around.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't trust testing anything anymore. I had a dodge stealth that had this exact problem. Every sensor and module tested good according to the service manual. It was six months later before I found out it was the ignition module that was bad and only because someone else on the forum had the same problem and somehow go lucky. I swapped it with a known good part and it worked. Just an FYI

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No spark no start makes sense in a way.
If car was running before, I would check the cam sensors.. I wonder if Proefi uses both like stock ECU (AEM and MOTEC don't). Make sure they are well plugged and eventually switch them around.
I switched cam sensors and it starts!! I did talk to SP and the Pro EFI just uses one cam sensor.I would also just like to thank everyone for there help.My big question now is do I send the Ignitor back or keep it.The old ignitor has 70000 miles on it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
im having a problem similar, last nite car started right up no problem, i shut it down and called it a nite. This morning i wake up and go to start car and nothing, it cranks but does not fire up, i changed out spark plugs, checked fuses in the engine bay, checked to make sure program was still on aem, i cant start to think what it could be... any opinions? i'd appreciate the feedback,

thanks,
Marc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts