Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys put in my single, fuel system, VPC, AFC , HKS DLI and now the car will not start. I have checked the obvious meaning we have a new battery it the car, ECU fuses, igntion fuses, we pulled out the coils and there is no spark.

HKS DLI has the red light on
I unplugged the DLI and nothing
switched from GForce ECU to Stock ECU
Car gets fuel pressure
Fuel Pumps are running
Timing is dead on on the car.
No blown fuses
All plugs double checked

I am going to go home and check the codes ( at least see if there are any) but this is really frustrating to finally get the car done and it will not start. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Staats

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It pulled two codes: 12 & 24

Guys it pulled two codes 12 Cam Position Sensor ( where the hell is this on the Supra's???)

24 Air Intake Sensor. I am lost I know I have some plugs left open but I figured they were from the stock twins. Any help would be appreciated figuring out these codes.

Staats

·
GA Rocks!
1,094 Posts
u forgot to plug the connector right behind the alternator in. that is the crank angel sensor. either that or you didn't plug the cam position sensor which is right by the intake valve cover roughly right by the intake PCV.

good luck,
Sid

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
sidwin said:
u forgot to plug the connector right behind the alternator in. that is the crank angel sensor. either that or you didn't plug the cam position sensor which is right by the intake valve cover roughly right by the intake PCV.

good luck,
Sid
I agree. When I did my single install the car would not crank over also. Turned out I forgot to plug in the crank position sensor.

carlo

·
Registered
707 Posts
One other possible thing it could be comes to mind. There are two grounds on the wring harness that hook to the intake mani just above where the old pressure tank used to sit. If they are not hooked up the car will turn over but won't fire. I learned this the hard way a few years back. Also, if you messed with the orange plug just to the right and above the ECU and didn't flip its latch back right, you wouldn't have any spark. Found this one out the hard way too.
Good luck,

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
Put the resistor in the MAF sensor plug in. You'll need it to trick the ecu.

Steve K.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
There are two cam sensors on the head, drivers side, close to the injectors. One was probably unplugged when you did the fuel. That's my guess why it won't start.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its running.

Got it running. Thanks guys. Yeah it still pulls 24 but I found out that I have to put that resistor in the MAF. I know is 1200 but anyine have a clue on what the wire colors are so I do not mess it up. Thanks again guys and it was the crank sensor not plugged in. The car runs like sh*t with -50% fuel and -14 at idle on the VPC.

Staats

·
11,221 Posts
Jstaats said:
Got it running. Thanks guys. Yeah it still pulls 24 but I found out that I have to put that resistor in the MAF. I know is 1200 but anyine have a clue on what the wire colors are so I do not mess it up. Thanks again guys and it was the crank sensor not plugged in. The car runs like sh*t with -50% fuel and -14 at idle on the VPC.

Staats

I don't know about the colors, because on mkiv.com it says "blue/pink and black/brown", but I don't have them color wires. Anyways, the pins are the same, so you can go by my picture.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts