Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys the car came with a full Blitz kit, which i was not very fond of...
the car got recently side swiped and I have decided to redo the whole kit..
as of now im goin with the Do-Luck front bumper and rear add ons..I have no idea of what sides i want as I still want the ducts but also want something that flows with the kit and the car... Im also changing to the RMM wing
here are the pics before the car was hit...the color is actually a pearl creamy vanilla -ish color, im thinkin of going some kind of SUPER white or something extremely white with lots of blue pearl...any suggestions as i dont really wanna change the color of the car..

the car is goin to be retintin in black and new rims will be on...as soon as i figure out which ones i want

·
5,058 Posts
Use your blitz skirts but cut the part that goes up onto the front fenders. The do-luck front and rear look great with blitz sides.

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
^+1
and find another paint shop, cause whoever painted it before didn't know how to paint,also keep in mind, the more pearl you add over white base the more it will look creamy, unless you use pearl from a mixing system,I'd use white pearl instead of blue

·
Supraddict
1,158 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Marc-P - no bodykit would look nice too but there are like 2-3 supras around here that are stock bodied, im trying to go for a different look
I will try to get pics of the damage tom or friday...most likely friday
Dave Capone - you bring up a nice point but i dont think i would like to reuse the sides because of the damage caused from the accident and some damage due to neglegence of the person painting and doing the body work before
rcsupra - i think i might actually do that i really like how it looks
exvelocity - the white pearl actually sounds a little nicer than blue, but it would be nice if i could get the blue on there for a different look...i have some time to think about things... i will be PMin u after i talk to my paint and body guy

thanks guys for the help... pictures of a white car w/ white pearl vs the blue would help alot if anyone has any

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
it's hard to see blue pearl in photos only at some angles with the right light, you will see blue hue,go to any Acura dealership and check out new TSX or TL,I just painted 4 spoilers for a local Acura dealership with white pearl and it looks pretty good,or you can pick the brightest white in paint chip book at your local paint store or body shop and use straight up white pearl over that base, you would be amazed how it looks,just make sure not to use HOK or SEM liquid pearl in a small jar,because that will make your paint job turning into cream color,you must use pearl from a mixing system, give me some time , I'll try to dig up a pic of a Tahoe I did not too long ago

·
FAITH
604 Posts
Sorry to get OT but I have a question for exvelocity.

Would it be possible to put a layer of the paint used for ghost flames over an entire car, so it would change colors depending on time of day?

Like put black over a white car, so the car would be white in the day and black at night.

Thanks

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
Khader K, usually ghost flames are done with pearl, so there pretty much no way to make your white car turn black or vice versa ,it's too drastic of a color change , you can make a silver color to change to gunmetal ,but white to black is impossible, solid colors can't shift that much at all, it has to be some sort of metallic or pearl base to change colors at different angles

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
aright i will check out the new tl or tsx this weekend, hmmm so what effect would the white pearl give over the white paint? maybe more glow or something like that
thanks ur a lot of help

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
in direct sunlight the pearl will reflect and make it glow with white/silver effect, I will post a pic in the morning, cause I don't have acces to alot of my pics from home pc,most of them are on my office comp at the shop

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks alot i think right now i might be going with PPG but i still have time to decide on that, when ever u get sometime just post them up

·
SuperMember
3,154 Posts
yeah as mentioned keep the blitz sides and change the rest ... just don't do the RMM wing ... it's so much played out everybody has one :p

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
exvelocity said:
in direct sunlight the pearl will reflect and make it glow with white/silver effect, I will post a pic in the morning, cause I don't have acces to alot of my pics from home pc,most of them are on my office comp at the shop
Care to come to the Cayman Islands and repaint my car :)
Sorry for the offtopic but he seems to know about painting :bowdown:
Original poster, sorry to hear about your car, I remember the feeling from early Jan when mine got hit

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
SupraJZGTE said:
im thinkin of going some kind of SUPER white or something extremely white with lots of blue pearl...
Here is a pic of Honda Grand Prix white from the S2000 there is no pearl in it but it is super white.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^ that looks nice any other pics?
i wish i could get exvelocity to paint my car, i always see him posting in the paint threads and he sure sounds like he knows what hes doing

i would like to reuse the blitz sides but i just think it might b better just to slap on new sides while im at it... i dont know about the RMM everything is still up in the air right now

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
ok, here's one pic of the Tahoe white pearl over factory white base, there is so much pearl my logo is painted on the C pillar behind rear doors in silver and when the light hits the paint, it dissapears, you can't see it in this pic,I'll try to upload more on the server,been busting my ass all day at the shop, lol

1 - 20 of 49 Posts