Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this doesnt happen often. always during morning cold start up, the RPM will start start jumping up and down between 800RPM-1500RPM and the car will spotter during warm up. soon the engine check light will come on for several seconds and then will turn off itself.

I have always used NGK6097 with stock MAF, and I just changed my plugs couple of days ago. I heard IAC valve behind the intake manifold controls the idle, I wanna check it out but after seeing its pictures on MKIV TECH, there isnt moving parts except for the check valve.

any suggestions?

thanx

Jonas

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
It is on the inside of the intake manifold (between the valve cover and intake) about 6" from the firewall. It has a hose coming out of it from the direction of the firewall. Remove this hose, and then remove the 2 screws that hold the valve in. Once removed you will see a little round thing in the manifold that looks like a metal drain cover for an old bathtub. Carefully pull this out by hooking something on one of the metal "star points" making sure not to gouge the rubber diaphram.

Once you get it out, clean it and the valve with carb cleaner and dry it off and then re-install. If this doesn't help, you can buy a new one.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx, seems like that check valve is the only thing that would go bad, should I just replace that?

Jonas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts