Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a joke... not only is it horrible that in the 8+ years I've been driving (with a clean record) and no at fault accidents I've paid (in insurance premiums) the same amount of money that my first 2 cars cost ..... I can't get Hagerty to insure my Supra. Mainly, I described it as accurately as possible, but the fact that I am 24 with a quick, valuable car prevents me from getting insurance through them. Seriously? 8 spotless years doesn't allow me to pay a ridiculously high price for insurance, on a "Pleasure, less than 2k miles a year" car? Anyway, don't need to rant about what I'm sure every person will go through at least once, are there any other companies you guys use? If it is Hagerty' DIRECT competitor, I would like to know their name and contact them FIRST. Otherwise, it's keeping just liability and finding another way than collector car to get it registered (maybe Heber/Overgaard). Thanks in advance

·
Registered
48 Posts
What a joke... not only is it horrible that in the 8+ years I've been driving (with a clean record) and no at fault accidents I've paid (in insurance premiums) the same amount of money that my first 2 cars cost ..... I can't get Hagerty to insure my Supra. Mainly, I described it as accurately as possible, but the fact that I am 24 with a quick, valuable car prevents me from getting insurance through them. Seriously? 8 spotless years doesn't allow me to pay a ridiculously high price for insurance, on a "Pleasure, less than 2k miles a year" car? Anyway, don't need to rant about what I'm sure every person will go through at least once, are there any other companies you guys use? If it is Hagerty' DIRECT competitor, I would like to know their name and contact them FIRST. Otherwise, it's keeping just liability and finding another way than collector car to get it registered (maybe Heber/Overgaard). Thanks in advance
I just got collectors insurance through American Collectors Insurance.

It was a super easy process and for $25k in coverage, 5k driving per year (but they DO NOT do an odo check to verify :) ) and garaged ect...I paid like 550 for the year and I am 25.

Good luck

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
My premiums dropped $800 per year when i made 21 and ANOTHER $800 per year when i made 25! Great numbers to have birthdays for! That was with State Farm. Im 38 now and just got dropped nearly 2yrs ago after a bad accident and with history remaining on record. Now im with Geico with full coverage to supra and 08 tacoma at $235mth total. Thats with extreme minimal miles/yr on supra (not driving it at all - needs motor work and a painjob now).

Id never drive a car I cared about/worth anything with liability only! You'll be so pissed at yourself if something happens and no pay-out.

·
Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
4,584 Posts
Id never drive a car I cared about/worth anything with liability only! You'll be so pissed at yourself if something happens and no pay-out.
Yeah until something happens to the Supra and you get pennies on the dollar from Geico because they dont care about what the car is really worth, only what then can get it at auction for, they don't care if the car is barely running or not. Do yourself a favor and get proper collector insurance with an agreed value policy.

I personally Have American Modern Elite agreed value policy, that mean if anything happens they will replace it for the agreed value or buy me the acutal part on the car, ie.. If my Volks gets stolen they will buy me the same Volk rims, not stock rims from the junk yard. I have the 3k a year policy but can do 5k or unlimited, best of all I have no emission requirement and pay about $55 a month.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Im sure i can do better but i havent bothered searching yet since the car doesnt move lately. But my point was that you cant do any worse than carrying liability only on a driven car! Thats just asking for an ass reaming!

Im pretty suere i wont make any claims with cobwebs on the exhaust. Unless the house burns down maybe...

·
Registered
65 Posts
best of all I have no emission requirement and pay about $55 a month.
I'm with Tony...bypassing emissions and getting coverage for more than what KBB values is a great benefit to collectors insurance, especially if you don't drive it often. I am with American Collectors and they gave me no problems what so ever. Paying around $77 a month...Damn Tony how'd you get such a low rate? How much did you ensure it for?

·
Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
4,584 Posts
Im sure i can do better but i havent bothered searching yet since the car doesnt move lately. But my point was that you cant do any worse than carrying liability only on a driven car! Thats just asking for an ass reaming!

Im pretty suere i wont make any claims with cobwebs on the exhaust. Unless the house burns down maybe...
I just makes me feel better knowing that if someone steals the car (or something along those lines) that I will get my full value, no need for negotiation or BS, they just cut me a check for our agreed value, and if I want to bump the value due to new mods or something I just submit the information.

I'm with Tony...bypassing emissions and getting coverage for more than what KBB values is a great benefit to collectors insurance, especially if you don't drive it often. I am with American Collectors and they gave me no problems what so ever. Paying around $77 a month...Damn Tony how'd you get such a low rate? How much did you ensure it for?
I think its 49K? or 39k? something like that LOL.. I about to call Dan to do some updates on policy so I'll check on that. What did you insure yours for Peter? I think mine is 565 or something like that per year. We have the same insurance no? did you go through Dan?

·
Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
4,584 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Jlooney55, got a local contact? Or is it an online quote? I was VERY disappointed that insurance companies are straying away from the local representative since a person cannot be defined by numbers/stats. Am I 24? Yes... am I a liability? Sure... who isn't? But am I EXACTLY like every other typical 24 year old? Hell no... Anyway...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Jlooney55, got a local contact? Or is it an online quote? I was VERY disappointed that insurance companies are straying away from the local representative since a person cannot be defined by numbers/stats. Am I 24? Yes... am I a liability? Sure... who isn't? But am I EXACTLY like every other typical 24 year old? Hell no... Anyway...
I will check my paper work when I get home the only thing I know off the top of my head is that Geico transferred me to them (I guess they are partners) and I got it done w/in 10 mins.

·
Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
4,584 Posts
Your comments related to guests are always hilarious. Mainly, because if someone were to come to me directly, I could imagine saying that to someone I don't know..

Well given the fact that it was his first post and is not even in AZ, or the southwest for that matter points to the fact that he was only spamming. Glad to be of service LOL.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
didnt read any previous posts. but i go through rally insurance and they are awesome. and i first went through them when i was 23. my cars insured for close to 50k.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think its 49K? or 39k? something like that LOL.. I about to call Dan to do some updates on policy so I'll check on that. What did you insure yours for Peter? I think mine is 565 or something like that per year. We have the same insurance no? did you go through Dan?
No, I went through American Collectors...but I might have to get ahold of Dan now. Next time I see you (like a year from now) I'll get his contact info from you. I think I'm paying a few hundred over you, I got a clean record too...hmmmm.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.