Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car was acting fine before sitting for 2 months. Now its having an idle problem. When i crank the car over, it idles fine for 2 seconds, then dies. If I give the gas pedal any throttle, car dies automatically.

Mods are t67 turbo, stock fuel, vpc/afc2, 3 row.. etc

Could it be the vpc?

Thansk for the help guys.

·
Registered
82 Posts
First thing you should check is Fuel Filter most likely its plugged. Once you take it off blow air through inlet there should be no resistance. Don't use compressed air keep it posted how it goes.

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
unless a rat crawled up inside his fuel filter, i would not target that as the first culprit.... first question, do you have ANY kind of gauges like fuel pressure, a/f ratio, anything? those help a lot when trying to diagnose. you need 3 things for the engine to run; air, fuel, and spark. if your IAC is working properly that should eliminate the air problem. if your air/fuel ratio is anywhere from aroud 9:1 to 18:1 it should run so that eliminates fuel. lastly there is spark, get a spark tester and ground each coilpack to the block and check spark. which ever one of the elements you are missing is your problem!

·
(overspooled)
2,836 Posts
you might be dealing with the vpc/afc issue. I saw a writup on the phr form about using safc in conjunction with safc. You could try connecting the vpc wire directly w/o the safc in its path. see if it idles then. may want to check your pressure senso connection as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts