Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay. I finally got to drive my car! :D Some of u might remember my post about getting her running but the tranny was fucked. Well it's fixed. :D I got to drive that sucker tonight and I LOVED IT!!!! :cool:

Words cannot describe how I feel so just congratulate me and check out the pics. I know it's NA but up until tonight the fastest car that I have ever driven has been my 2000 Civic. Or maybe my 89 Probe NA. :p Either way, to me, this baby hauls ass. Can't wait to see what a turbo feels like, but I'm happy NA... for now.

Yo, I typically avoid shouting out certain people because I seem to get a lot of stupid emails and stupid IMs from stupid people making stupid comments and/or stupid requests. However, the ONLY reason that I got to drive my car today was because of Mr. Mike Urbano! Huge shouts out to Mike for being 5 miles and a phone call away throughout the whole swap. Mike, you've been there to answer stupid questions, to fix mistakes, and to pull that crazy ninja shit out of your ass when we needed it the most. And most of all, thanks for finishing the car for us.

I say "us" because even though my name is on the registration it's Mine and SupraNick's car! SupraNick is the only reason that this car runs. He's the only reason that car has an engine in it... The only reason I got to drive my car tonight, at all, ever... and the only person to be there night or day, til 6am, cold, tired, frustrated and knuckle-busted whenever I needed help. Nick has been there every step of the way. From the day I brought her home to her maiden voyage to Mike's house last night (limping all the way) to her true, first fully operable voyage tonight. Thanks homie. It'll always be your car away from car. Wanna race? ;)

A Word on The Pics
Nick and I plan to take more daytime pics tomorrow, but tonight when Nick and I went to get the car, we were laughing and cracking jokes about Mike and his disappearance from SupraForums and I said wouldn't it be funny if we had a camera. Well Urbano of course had a camera. And no it wasn't in the house, it was where it should be... in his car.

*Warning* These pics are horrible. We were laughing so much Mike looks like some non-English speaking dude Fresh of the Boat, and I look like fat albert cause our photographer (SupraNick... always there) caught me in mid laugh and I tried to hold it in for the pic. Now I'm a big dude, but shit in this pic I look like the "big man" in all the black movies. U know the huge guy wearing the wife-beater eating some chicken? Welp, Mike is alive and well. he fixed my car and here we are looking nothng like ourselves laughing about it.

For all you eagle eyes out there, yes that is the famous blue car. Yes that is an SSR box in the coner. Mike just got new rims a few weeks ago. The guy changes wheels everytime he gets a haircut it seems. Okay, enough talk. Scroll down.

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

I'm posting these two pics (more tomorrow) at 5:30am cause I have been driving enjoying my car. Me and Nick had a blast celebrating. A couple shots of Jagermeister, a couple of beers. Hell even two chicks stepped to us. Maybe we were just exuding positivity. One chick was hot and the other was fat. Nick and I didn't have a coin to flip so we left em at the bar.

Some late night grub and a few stories later and we were back at home posting on SupraForums. This pic we took in front of my car. The flash makes the car look like ass, but yes the rust is really there and no it doesn't help the appearance of the car either. But Mike, Nick and I were tossing around some ideas to improve on her a bit. When this baby is finished you will be amazed. But it's gonna be a while so don't hold your breath. Same story as last time. Mike still looks like a tourist but this time I look constipated. Took Nick forever to take the damn pic and by then I had stopped smiling. Enjoy!

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Wooooooot woooot!! :bigok:

That was sooooo much damn fun! im sure many people here can relate whe it comes to working on cars into the late hours even morning hours at times and just laughing it up with buddies helping out and what not! its those priceless moments that we remmber the entire time we own our cars! if not forever! :cool:

i'd do it again anytime! just give me another week to recover! ;)

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
GJ guys im in the process of dropping my turbo in.
here are a few pics of me being stupid w/ it!!!

Just put the intake side on last night

Me being a frigid snorkler...40 degrees is cold in Tampa

On a warmer day

Me looking korean or something... when I was deperate as hell for my turbo :D

cant wait to drive mine, hopefully this friday Ill drop the engine in, and I just have to wait for my t04b

Congrats on finishing your project, Im like you... I need to do the cosmetics next... Congrats again

cassio

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
^^ Nice, this is what makes me want to move back to So Cal, damn now thats a good group of guys!!

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hell yeah dude. SoCal rules!Took me a while to get the help I needed, but help came and now she's finished. More daytime shots to follow. Thanks for the congrats guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts