Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been having boost spikes lately. really wierd though. 1 pull and i won't go over 6psi, which is what i have my bc set to. then the next pull, as soon as i am gaining boost it will spike to like 12psi. so today i went under the car and looked at the nipples coming off the wastegate because i've checked all the IC pipes and everything else. i was going to take them out and re-teflon them in case that was causing the problem.

i looked close at the nipple coming off the side of the wastegate and there was a hairline crack going down the side of it :(

i took the wastegate right off and it broke at the crack

so now i just hope this thing is still under warranty. i bought it less than a year ago so i'm hoping so

it's the HKS 40mm wastegate. the aluminum isn't very strong on it :(

·
Banned
865 Posts
ahh that sucks, how long have you had the wastegate for? HKS wastegates arent that fragile from what you're saying.

Did you buy the wastegate from a distributor or directly from HKS?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Question
idrewfelix said:
ahh that sucks, how long have you had the wastegate for?
answer
streetraser2002 said:
so now i just hope this thing is still under warranty. i bought it less than a year ago so i'm hoping so

·
EFI Certified Tuner
1,877 Posts
i've never heard of a Tial wastegate cracking...hint hint :eek4dance

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i don't really blame the manufacturer, it's HKS.

and i definately don't blame the distributor. i think it's just kind of a fluke thing

i just want to get it fixed soon because i'm about to be installing my AEM. sent my injectors to AEM early last week to get them flow tested.

I sent them my Precision 525cc injectors so now in future software releases, you will be able to select those in the wizard. so if anyone is going to be running these in an AEM, i can hook you up with the battery offset so you don't have to send them in and wait to get them back :)

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fixed the problem already. simple call to the distributor (Boost Logic) and I have one on the way

thanks Zohair. you guys are awesome :bigthumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts