Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a thread a while ago about A/F ratios that Zerosoul started, I had mentioed that my car was running very, very rich. I thought I would just start another thread to see if anyone had some ideas. At WOT at 17 psi or so, the A/F gauge (Greddy w/semi wideband O2), pegs on the rich side (8-9). Is this normal for a BPU car? I've done several top end runs adn have driven the car pretty hard. It seems to run fine and I don't see it blowing out much black smoke. I know BPU cars with no fuel control run rich but I think this might be excessive. ANy help would be appreciated.

·
1,522 Posts
Mine runs very rich also. I only get about 8 miles to the gallon and that is without boosting around. I have tried changing the front 02 sensor and I had no luck. I don't know what else it could be. I think we are in the same boat.

R

·
0 Posts
I am having the same problem but I have a single ts04. Mine dumps a shit load of fuel at WOT. But I dont have any type of airfuel ratio meter to tell me this. I can just tell by the large amount of black smoke coming from my exhaust.

The only thing we can do to stop this is a fuel controller.(that I know of) I am ordering my apex s-afc today. Maby get some more hp out of her:D

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yes, Supras running big boost without fuel controllers that are using the MAF will run rich. This is normal.

If you want to know how rich you are running (in relative terms), check your plugs. They can tell you a lot.

-m

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Redturbo said:
The only thing we can do to stop this is a fuel controller.(that I know of) I am ordering my apex s-afc today. Maby get some more hp out of her:D
How many HP will you get? Anyone had test it at Dyno?(before s-afc and after mounting s-afc)

R

·
0 Posts
I have never seen any dynos but I read that you could expect around 7- 14 hp gain depending on how rich/lean you were running before.

·
SpooooL
591 Posts
I just installed my HKS titan. exhaust and RMM dp today. I was wondering. Which boost controller and fuel controllers are the best? Any help is appreciated.

Z

·
0 Posts
that sounds about right...BPU do run rich. I rather be in your situation. I found out my fuel injectors were "lazy" which made my car run lean. I temporarily dialed up fuel pressure and added 20% fuel from my HKS AFR and managed to drop my A/F down to around 12:5:1 which is still too lean for comfort, gonna replace the injectors next.

BTW, when I was on the dyno, dialing 15% more fuel I made 10RWHP...what kind of weird situation I'm in:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts