Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car dynoed very low last time I had it up on the rollers. On the same dyno I had put down 593 rwhp with meth/water and 92 pump gas at about 27 psi. This time the car put down 540rwhp at 32 psi on C16. Checked compression and all seemed well. #1 was bit low at 136-138 but all others were 148 and 150 so it was within Toyota specs. I think my Gforce ECU timing map is the culprit. Anywho, the track was closing so I took the car out again. I had just done a 10.8 at 127 mph last week. This week I did a 10.75 @ 124 mph. This was at 30 psi or so. My 1/8 mile mph is still pretty much the same but I can definitely feel the car losing steam up top. It sounds good though. About a month ago I did 11.0 @ 124 at only 18 psi when I had a boost problem(cap on compressor nipple came off). I wasnt having the top end power loss then. Looks like I will be going standalone soon.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Silver Orchid SP60 said:
My car dynoed very low last time I had it up on the rollers. On the same dyno I had put down 593 rwhp with meth/water and 92 pump gas at about 27 psi. This time the car put down 540rwhp at 32 psi on C16. Checked compression and all seemed well. #1 was bit low at 136-138 but all others were 148 and 150 so it was within Toyota specs. I think my Gforce ECU timing map is the culprit. Anywho, the track was closing so I took the car out again. I had just done a 10.8 at 127 mph last week. This week I did a 10.75 @ 124 mph. This was at 30 psi or so. My 1/8 mile mph is still pretty much the same but I can definitely feel the car losing steam up top. It sounds good though. About a month ago I did 11.0 @ 124 at only 18 psi when I had a boost problem(cap on compressor nipple came off). I wasnt having the top end power loss then. Looks like I will be going standalone soon.
Those are some great E.T.'s for that mph. Can you break your time slip down for us? With my boost leak Saturday (car wouldn't boost past 1.5 bar) I managed a similar mph with an embarassing E.T. of [email protected] Gotta love the first pass of the year then a downpour of rain. Nothing like going home from the track after a solid 2.1 60'. :rolleyes:
If you could post your slip or break it down, perhaps I could feel even worse about my driving skill ;) Props again on the ET.

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
779 Reaction
6.430 554 ft
6.686 1/8 time
102.70 1/8 mph
10.754 1/4 time
124.33 1/4 mph

For some reason the new timing system they had did not record the 60ft. I am sure it was at least a high 1.5. I have pretty much gotten the launch down and avg 1.6-1.5 60 fts. I have a feeling the car will hit 9's once I figure out my power issues.
Since the track is closing down its been super packed. I was only able to run 2 times this week and 2 times 2 wks ago.

·
Boost Junkie
12,687 Posts
Which converter are you using? You may be overpowering it.

Steve K.

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Evill Supra said:
Which converter are you using? You may be overpowering it.

Steve K.
I am running a P.I converter 3800 stall. Dont think thats the problem though. I cant see me overpowering it on the dyno and the car definitely didnt make as much power as it was making.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts