Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
HottoMotto
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car died and i don't know whats wrong.... i was coming back from school, and probably been driving for about 20 mins, i'm going down the road. I come across a railroad track, my car stalled out, and now it won't cut back on... I tried to crank it, but it just won't start. Now it won't even crack over. But what puzzles me, is that i didn't hear anything from the car... all it did was just cut off. i'm about to call one of my friends out here to help take a look at it. hopefully i can figure this out before tomorrow... :( damn... times when i dislike my supra :rant:

·
2,275 Posts
:eek: :hsugh: Its not sitting on the rail road tracks is it? :p

·
SupraStore.com
2,134 Posts
TRD White Comet said:
Check the obvious stuff first before you start throwing a fit.
Nothing against you in particular, but I hate when people say that. "Oh check vacuum leaks". Okay?! I see them! They are there!

Just wish people would be a lot more discriptive for posts like this because some of us are rather new to this "MkIII" thing.

What I think it may be is something electrical, maybe something important got unplugged if it was running at 100% before this unfortunate event

M

·
0 Posts
Yeah it could be a lot of shit who knows. check to make sure everything is hooked up first , is anything broke that you might not hear, do you watch your gauges.... etc. all of this comes in to hand. good luck.

·
Boost Addict
622 Posts
From what I've heard of similar problems, I would check the wiring/plug for the CPS first, it may have jarred and lost connection. Seems to be a fairly common problem on the Supras.

·
Registered
385 Posts
FIRST - try using "SEARCH", it's all there.

if it's not cranking - check the battery voltage, if battery is ok - check power supply to the starter, have someone to turn the ignition on and get a test light and see if you are getting power to the starter (or just try to push start it)
unless engine is locked, it should start cranking.
after you get it cranking and if it's still not firing>

next - check spark, remove each wire and plug in a spare spark plug or take one out of the engine, see if you get spark on every cylinder.
next - check the fuel supply - either take out spark plugs and see if they have gasoline on their tips, or take a starting fluid or brake cleaner or any flamable spray, remove intake hose from the throttle body and spay it inside the throttle body while someone is trying to crank - if it starts firing - you are not getting fuel.
next - take the upper timing cover and see if you timing belt is still intact and tight and cams and crank rotate someone is trying to crank it.

NEXT - use "SEARCH"

·
Registered
542 Posts
Orion ZyGarian said:
Nothing against you in particular, but I hate when people say that. "Oh check vacuum leaks". Okay?! I see them! They are there!

Just wish people would be a lot more discriptive for posts like this because some of us are rather new to this "MkIII" thing.

What I think it may be is something electrical, maybe something important got unplugged if it was running at 100% before this unfortunate event
Thats funny, with your 700+ post count one would think you know a good amount about mk3's.

Back on subject, there are a good amount of things that could be the problem like you described. Simple things to check would be the CPS/distributer and fuses. A lot of the time its just something simple like that. On the bad side of things maybe your starter went out, but before comming to that conclusion check the above mentioned and also check that your battery terminals are clean and everything is getting solid power from the battery.

·
HottoMotto
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, i've pretty muched checked everything in the car. i think i've narrowed it down to the fuel pump... i'm gonna og back out tomorrow, and check the cps. but as far as i know, its the fuel pump. I have a walbro 255 sitting in the trunk now, i just gotta drop it in now... btw, why are you telling me to search?!? i'm not asking any questions am i? i just wanted to inform the "community" of my troubles... anyway, this just sucks, not being able to drive my car...

·
Registered
358 Posts
I take it u jumpered the fuel pump in the diagnostics box and didn't hear anything in the fuel lines and this is how you came to the bad pump conclusion?

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
get the battery & alternator checked. Maybe the battery was dieing n the alt was dead and when the battery died no power. Only thing i can think of ATM if u didn't hear anything weird.

·
HottoMotto
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nope, it cranks now, just no fuel. yes, i have jumped the fuel pump. i guess thats my next project for tomorrow. lol damn, it sucks that the whole tank has to be dropped though. wish it was easier. lol but yea, good thing i already have the walbro. after i do tat i need to go ahead and drop in my new venom injectors.

·
JZA70 or go home!!
2,495 Posts
BHG

Reactions: OneJoeZee

·
Registered
189 Posts
JDM KING said:
:agreed: agreed. Retorque your bolts to 120ft-lbs. :stickpoke

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
thats good that you found out what it was. Good luck on putting the new fuel pump in

1 - 16 of 16 Posts