Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Das Smurf
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting spark and fuel all the way to the fuel filter, then it just stops.
i checked the plugs, and there is no sign or smell of gas on them. y am i not getting fuel to the engine?
what could be causing this?
any advice?
i jumped the fuel pump on from the diagnosis box, it comes on when the key is turned on. where might i look in the fuel system, to see what is stopping my motor from getting fuel?
its almost like it doesnt have enough pressure to make it from the back of the tank to the motor....i am going to check the exit side of the fuel filter to make sure theres not someting in the filter blocking it from flowing thru to the injectors.

· Das Smurf
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I read your post correctly, didn't you answer your own question? You said the fuel makes it to the filter then stops...so would that not mean a clogged filter? Unless you meant something else by "it stops"...
i checked both ends of the filter and fuel makes it way to the filter, and exits the filter as well....so it cant be clogged, its just doesnt seem to have the pressure to make it to the injectors to spray into the cylinders....

· Das Smurf
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stock system, brand new filter and fuel pump...the pump is denso
i wired in a DLI when i was planning on going single and running a AEM ems, but i decided to stay stock twins. could me doing something wrong on the wiring for the dli have fucked that up?

· Das Smurf
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it doesnt seem like they are, when we jump the fuel system from the diagnostic port you can hear this sound almost like a hose is pushing out air and it comes from right near the 1st and 2nd injectors....almost like the hoses were not hooked up correctly or something....

· Registered
1,104 Posts
Do you have a fuel pressure gauge, and if so how much fuel pressure are you seeing? I just had a similar issue and it turned out being the line in the gas tank that attaches to the fuel pump; it had completely came off of the fuel pump. I was seeing gas at both sides of my fuel filter and even up top at my fuel pressure regulator but the car just wouldn't run. May be worth checking in to. You can check from in the trunk under the spare tire.

· Registered
1,561 Posts
It may sound like a ridiculous question, but I have to ask..... is there gas in the car?

Also, make sure all your grounds are still connected, mainly the bunch that attach to the underside of the intake manifold. If nothing else changed, I'd blame your wiring when you did the DLI. Are you 100% sure you wired the DLI into the correct wires? The injector resistor box has a bunch of wires that look very similar to the wires that come out of the ignitor.

· Registered
1,146 Posts
Forgot to ask, do you still have the fuel pulse dampner that runs from the filter to supply side or did you get the elimiation kit for it? If you have the dampner still on it maybe causing restriction as well, if it's clogged.

· Das Smurf
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i checked the efi fuses, i re-checked the fuel pump, everything either tested okay, or was hooked up correctly. im really beginning to think it could be a bad FPR.....
or i hooked up the fuel injectors wrong, but from what i remember that was a pretty straight forward job. i just do not know, im gonna try to hunt down a tech and have him come out and take a look.
anyways, keep the insight coming still

i mean is there like a box or soemthing besides the EFI fuses that controls the fuel injection that could have gone bad?

· Das Smurf
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
it is definately a fuel problem, its too damn hot to continue working on my car today, and ive gotta head to work, but ive made progress, i had my buddy spray starter fluid in the intake manifold, and then i cranked it over, it started sputtered then died.
its like there is a loose line down on the bottom from the fuel line to the fuel rail, some where in between there where the pressure is going, because there is just not enough pressure to make it to the injectors....perhaps a loose hose, or a hole in one of the lines or something....

· Registered
4,081 Posts
There are a few sensors you should check. On a few of these senors, if they are not plugged in or have a bad connection the ecu won't fire the injectors. For exmaple the coolant temp sensors is one of these and maybe the CAS too. I can't remember the others off the top of my head.
Just something to look into.

· Registered
670 Posts
The way you described, I had the same symptom with my car and changed out the fuel pump. After I put everything back together start the car with no problem. Check the connections in the fuel pump. Good luck bro. lol

· Das Smurf
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There are a few sensors you should check. On a few of these senors, if they are not plugged in or have a bad connection the ecu won't fire the injectors. For exmaple the coolant temp sensors is one of these and maybe the CAS too. I can't remember the others off the top of my head.
Just something to look into.
i've checked both of those sensors and they are good, and i also discovered where that loose connector towards the front of my car was. it was for the EGCV sensor, i forgot to install it to the back of the turbo assembly.

The way you described, I had the same symptom with my car and changed out the fuel pump. After I put everything back together start the car with no problem. Check the connections in the fuel pump. Good luck bro. lol
and i did replace the fuel pump with another one. and i double checked it the other day and pulled teh assembly out to see if anything had come undone and it all loooked good still. and i can hear the pump come on, so i dont think it is the pump. oculd you hear yours come on even when u had the same problem, before u corrected it?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.