Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up...recently i noticed my car has been running a little funny and i have started to notice that my car smoked when it is just sitting at idle for a little while...i start to see bluish black smoke and i smell a strong fuel burn smell (and no its definitely not oil burning) lately its been nice so i take the car out a few times and i notice today that the car is boggind own and seems to be getting overloaded with fuel....onyl when i sit for a while like letting the car warm up or if im sitting at a light it seems to bog down so i have to rev it and slip the clutch to burn off the extra fuel to get it moving..and i see that bluish black smoke coming out the exhaust...if im just sitting and i rev the car i see the smoke come out then stop which i would assume is when all the extra fuel is burnt off...the no smome and if i let it sit idle for a little while again i will strart to see smoke..then i can rev it to burn it away...while driving the car runs perfect and doesnt seem to miss or stutter at all...its just when im sitting around it seems the car is getting too much fuel...
today i was doing some wet sanding and i had to keep moving the car every few minutes and everytime i started it i would see soem smoke and since i wasnt driving, and just backing up and moving a little bit it was starting to get really rich and when i would rev a good amount of black smoke would come out...i pulled over on my way home when i really started to notice the car bogging when it would sit idle at stop lights, and i shut it off and was hoping that it would start back up...normally my car fires right up in a split second.so when i went to start it it cranked for a few secs and then i pushed the gas to the floor and it finally started to fire up slowly....but then after i shut it back down and let it sit for 20 mins it started right up in 1 sec like it usually does...

Recently i changed the second O2 sensor becasue of a CEL light which it fixed but i didnt get a chance to change the plugs yet either..since then the car has been acting a little strange..

also today when i started to notice this problem i opened the hood and shut the car off and on the passenger side near the firewall that black canister (possibly charcole canister) was making a weird buzzing/gargling noise..i tried to oull off the vac hoses and only managed to get one off but that didnt stop the noise..

ok so if anyoen has any cluie whats going on let me know...
thanx in advance..BTW my car is a 94 6 spd BPU

Anthony

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nobody has any clue whats going on here...btw i searched and didnt find anything that sounded like the symptoms i am having...
please help..it seems to be getting worse everytime i drive..wtf is happeening with my car..

Anthony

·
Registered
330 Posts
Sounds like you may be dumping too much fuel. What do your plugs look like?

I would check/replace those, and then look for vacuum/boost leaks.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but i dont get it..it only seems to happen at idle...whan it sits for longer then 45 secs without being revved..then i have to rev it and i can watch the smoke come out and then i can go..if i dont rev it to burn off the extra fuel it will bog if i try to start moving so i gotta rev it...while i drive it drives normal and it pulls hard...i check my vac lines all the time and nothing...
but im thinkin mayhbe i have a clog or something becasue that canister by the passenger side firewall makes a buzzing/gargling type of noise now when i shut the car down..this is the first i noticed this now and my car is running real bad now ....

i plan on changing the plugs soon..but could that new o2 sensor that i installed have something to do with this...my car never smoked at idle and now it smokes a steady light stream of bluish black smoke while i let the car warm up...and again if i rev a little bit the smoke goes a way for a few secs then comes back when the car is sitting at idle for a few secs...

anyone have any idea
Thanx
Anthony

·
When cars say, "NO MORE!"
2,112 Posts
pull out the plugs...i bet they are convered in gas...if they are the car will run like crap at idle and run fun when driving it...replace and see if it happens again.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i am definitely gonna change the plugs but if they are covered in gas and they shouldnt be then that would mean that i have a problem then...i dont want to just put in new plugs and then a few miles later i got the same problem...obviously there is a reason for my car dumping gas at idle...or is it maybe that the plugs are just that bad that they just cant burn all the fuel??

ok anymore info would be good
thanx
Anthony

·
Registered
312 Posts
stop by at my dealership, i'll try to see what's going on, also did you replace your main o2 sensor? not the secondary one, Rob.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mydawgsupra94tt said:
stop by at my dealership, i'll try to see what's going on, also did you replace your main o2 sensor? not the secondary one, Rob.
hey rob hows it going...thanx i think ill do that...it seems to be worse on some days and not others...today i drove it back to my friends shop to do some more buffing and it ran better and dint bog at stoplights like it did the other day...

and no i only replaced the o2 sensor in the DP where the cats would be...i got the CEL and when i replaced this O2 sensor the CEL went away and the car ran good for a few drives then this started happeneing...i have a feeling that it is the other O2 sensor but i just dotn get why the car wouldn't still have a CEL since it obviously isnt running correct...why did changing the O2 sensor that does nothing make the CEL go away??

other then that the car runs good..
but it has a rough idle and dumps raw fuel out the exhaust when its sitting idle..im hoping this is all related to whatever is wrong...

Ant

1 - 8 of 8 Posts