Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1988 3.0L turbo, and when i drive now the car lacks power and the car like stalls up it will just slow down the speed up fast and keep doing that over and over, COuld this be a shot catalytic converter? my mechanic said the cat was shot so i ordered a new one and it will be here tuesday, but is there anything else that could be going wrong to make it do this, and some times after i've gone fast fairly quick the car will just shut down could this be the cat too?? maybe it's not breathing/exhaling good enough and stalling up???

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
If yu have stock exh. Definitely the first cat. Screw both stockers .. especially the first one. Gut em or use one Random Tech high-flow cat. Problem will mostlikely be solved. Return any stock cat purchase.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i need it to pass smog so you think it's the first one? is there anyway i could just take it out??? looks as if it's all one with the downpipe i thought the first one didn't even do much anyways, would it affect it that much??? if so i guess i could save up and get a new downpipe somewhere, i'm broke now cuz i had to get new tires, and the new cat, i only got the rear one!! if i were to order the front cat would it include the whole downpipe assembly????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts