Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard a damper kit can fix that, where can i get one, is it easy to install/?

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Odds are you just need an alignment, there is plenty of adjustment in the stock suspension components.

·
The Boost Machine
490 Posts
I'd ask Dusty at MVP who makes one. (He'd know if one exists that's any good)
But to be honest I've never heard of one for the Supra.
Did a quick search and found this. (Sorry no link/price due to forum rules.)
I do recall someone saying this would make the ride rough due to removal of the bushings.

Nagisa Auto JZA80 Supra Adjustable Toe Control Rod

For adjustment of toe in and toe out, Nagisa Auto toe control rods allow for fine tuning of the suspension.

A broad range of toe settings can greatly affect turn-in and other handling characteristics.

Replaces factory bushing style ends with adjustable spherical pillowball joints.

·
Registered
157 Posts
How many miles are on your car's chassis?

The ball joints on your control arms may be going bad. I think that's the issue I'm having since my alignment is fine, but I still get a nice bald ring on the inside of my front tires.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my car is slammed in the front with tein basic, wheels are at an angle even when parked. used to be fine before i dropped it.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
yep on every car I've ever seen you can't have factory camber on a dropped car with factory camber adjustments. A supra's camber can only be adjusted within +/- .75 for the front and rear. Here are your factory allignment specs:

Front:

Camber -0.5 degrees

Caster +3.5

Toe 0.00

Rear:

Camber -1.50

Toe 3.0mm Toe In

Aftermarket camber kits come in various ranges, but you'll see some that will do 0 to +3 which if your camber right now is at lets say -2 then you'd want a camber kit that can do a range that includes +1.5 which will put you at the factory -0.5 camber in front. If you're not familiar, camber is the angle of your wheel going into the body- so if you get directly behind your car and look straight at your wheels you'll probably see that your wheels are not perpindicular to the street- if the top is in towards your car it's negative camber. If the top is out away from your car it's positive camber. There are some reasons to keep negative camber and actually some tires designed for it, but for a DD street car keep it at stock settings.

Pick up the R2 Racing Camber Correction Kit from MVP and then a suspension shop will probably charge around $150 to install them and do allignment. (middle of the page)
http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templates/frmTemplateM7.asp?SubFolderID=209&SearchYN=N

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep on every car I've ever seen you can't have factory camber on a dropped car with factory camber adjustments. A supra's camber can only be adjusted within +/- .75 for the front and rear. Here are your factory allignment specs:

Front:

Camber -0.5 degrees

Caster +3.5

Toe 0.00

Rear:

Camber -1.50

Toe 3.0mm Toe In

Aftermarket camber kits come in various ranges, but you'll see some that will do 0 to +3 which if your camber right now is at lets say -2 then you'd want a camber kit that can do a range that includes +1.5 which will put you at the factory -0.5 camber in front. If you're not familiar, camber is the angle of your wheel going into the body- so if you get directly behind your car and look straight at your wheels you'll probably see that your wheels are not perpindicular to the street- if the top is in towards your car it's negative camber. If the top is out away from your car it's positive camber. There are some reasons to keep negative camber and actually some tires designed for it, but for a DD street car keep it at stock settings.

Pick up the R2 Racing Camber Correction Kit from MVP and then a suspension shop will probably charge around $150 to install them and do allignment. (middle of the page)
http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templates/frmTemplateM7.asp?SubFolderID=209&SearchYN=N
thanks, thats what i will do

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts
I just got my car aligned yesterday. I've only got TRD Springs and Bilstein shocks which don't drop it much and still they could not get the fronts within spec. The tech said they were within a half degree but there just wasn't any more he could turn it. If your car is really slammed than I'd imagine that you'll continually have problems wearing out inner treads.

·
Master Yos
2,215 Posts
i have the same set up as hot supra 93 with 18's not 19's not as droped as his but my problem is that the inner thread on one side of the car front and back(passanger side)i want to take it to a good shop because i took it to my friend at godyear and he told me to take it to a good shop.

·
The Boost Machine
490 Posts

Front:

Camber -0.5 degrees

Caster +3.5

Toe 0.00

Rear:

Camber -1.50

Toe 3.0mm Toe In

Just got this kit in.
Will see what it will do soon enough.
I'll keep you guys posted through this thread.
What setting do you think I should use 1 degree or the 2 degree?
You can see from my sig how bad the toe in is.
*EDIT 6/13/07* My suspension consists of
HKS Hypermax II's, TRD BIG A bars.
Car has been fully aligned/balanced (as much as possible)
When I get the kit on I'll balance and align again.
Possibly this weekend. I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Sooo happy I found this thread, I have the exact same issue. Car's dropped to the extreme, and inner thread on rear wheel (passenger side) is completely gone. Will check that item out, thanks!

·
Registered
252 Posts
just my xp.

eibach springs, kyb adjustable, trd sways f/r. one alignment and it's been problem free for years now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts