Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Done? It's never done!
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and some buddies are planning to hold a car meet at UC Davis on April 11th. Will be at the parking Structure next to the Mondavi Center. Anyone interesting in meeting up? It's scheduled for 8pm Wednesday April 11th. Basically just take the UC Davis exit off of I80 and follow the signs to the Mondavi Performing Arts Center. There's only 1 parking structure there too, so it shouldn't be hard to miss. Let me know if you can make it. Quite a few Celicas from newcelica.org showed up last time. Oh and for the people considering on coming, make sure not to attract too much attention, as there is police that roam the campus. Exhausts are fine (I have a RSR GT2, but with silencer in), but burnouts, or lots of revving/bov venting would definitely get you pulled over. I'll try to take a picture of the top level at sunset tomorrow. Should make for an excellent example pic if anyone wants to show up around 7pm ish. Lighting doesn't really come on at the top level at night, so it'd be a no-go for any photoshoot on the top floor later on.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hah. Are you a Davis student? I am. I guess I'm down for this...if I have my car back in time.

Samira R

·
Done? It's never done!
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep, I'm a Davis student

·
Registered
25 Posts
other UCD students with supras? where the hell have you guys been, i drive around town quite a bit but i never see any of you. plus im interested in a meet.

·
Banned
2,060 Posts
i think that is a bad idea to have it there. we "different car club" had it there couple of times already and each time we will be there for 30mins cops will show up even when the structure is empty. and last time they threaten us that they will pop our hood

·
Done? It's never done!
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm, at our last meet about 12 cars, it turned out fine. Guess I'll have to be more careful since I'm headed into the APU area soon. Still trying to keep the engine bay as stockish as possible. Maybe considering relocating the meet to a different spot though. Any good ideas? Yeah, i6Turbotek, I haven't really seen any other Supras around campus as of late. Seen a white pre89 n/a Supra and a mk4 (black I think or dark blue) roaming around before, but that's it. If this was in Milpitas, it'd be easy to hold a meet.

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
LOl. I'm a Davis student too and I wouldn't recommend having it here. The cops here are way stupid and have nothing to do. I got pulled over three times and got a full inspection one time. Its too risky, plus two or more supra together will draw too much attention. But whatever if I get my car up on time, I'm down. By the way what color supra's do you guys drive? I've only seen the blue one and the black one which is my friend. Thanks

·
Done? It's never done!
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha, you'd think since Supras stand out so much that they would be easy to spot by fellow SF members at Davis huh? From the way it sounds, it's highly likely now that the spot will change. Instead of using money for tickets, it can be used for more beneficial things, like more mods!:) .

·
Banned
2,060 Posts
yeah i dont go to davis often now since my gf is graduating this summer and she in dc. i used to be there 5 days out of the week with the supra.i think the only time am there now if when my friends band is playing at the pub or there for murder burger.lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have the black mk3 lowered on some uber sawblades. i try to keep the ddp and ssqv quiet so i dont attract any unwanted attention so be on the lookout for me.

if we do want to relocate the meet there may be the option of those UCD research parking lots which are empty after 6pm. i live close by and dont see much traffic of any kind so i hope the cops wont be a problem. or maybe even at the arc if there is no other place because thats a huge lot and its on campus so there shouldnt be any concern for loitering because we are students. i dont know, just throwing out some suggestions.

·
Done? It's never done!
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ooo, that is a good idea for at the ARC, since it opens late and we won't be completely out in the open. We all just decided to go work out right? haha. I'll run that idea through my friend.

·
Registered
219 Posts
mondavi is probably a bad idea...

Maybe the ARC. That sounds safe. Any parking structure = bad news.

Oh yeah, no old teahouse parking . There is an immense amount of bird shit there.

·
Done? It's never done!
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ARC parking lot will be the location for the meet. If anyone not from UC Davis wants directions, I can get them for you. Meeting time will be at 8:00pm and at the farther end of the parking lot. I'll probably show up at around 7:50pm and be waiting with my silver Mk3 Supra.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Pics? Sorry I couldn't make it guys...

I got my car back but I didn't make it back to Davis in time!

Samira R

1 - 20 of 22 Posts