Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Modifications listed below.....
I searched the forums and keep finding others with same issue, but on MKIII's with cold injector switch or something. I have an MKIV.

This was not an issue until I installed my fuel system, and I also relocated the battery to the rear. When the car is cold from sitting over night it will start when I have FP set to 35-50psi. When the car is warmed up, it will not start when FP is set over 20psi. I have to crank the FPR from 40psi down to 20psi, and drop my GCC 1krpm range to -12% to get it to start. I installed the Jay Racing check valve recently in hopes to cure the problem; to my avail, no. Any help would be appreciated.

*I've gone through the wire harness and cleaned all ground points
*Checked all fuses, relays, etc.
*Checked wiring and harness pigtails/clips
*Checked for fuel leaks
*Replaced coil packs & cleaned mating/mounting surfaces
*Changed gap on plugs from .028 - .042

Field's ECU Harness
HKS VPC w/B-chip
HKS GCC
GodSpeed rad
Blitz side feed 850cc injectors
OE modded dual-feed rail
Titan FDB line
Bosch 044 pump (w/10ga re-wire mod)
Jay Racing Check valve
Aeromotive A1000 FPR
-6AN fuel lines
OPTIMA battery relocation

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Last note: The longer and farther I drive, it seems I have to lean out the fuel even further to start. Pumping the gas pedal makes starting harder. For some reason, I have a feeling ignition timing is playing a part in this. My cams and crank align on their marks, and I even used a long 3/4 extension to verify when #1 is TDC.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Throw in some input if you can please. Germans out this way don't know how to work on these.

·
Suprasarous Y0!
1,116 Posts
Check your solenoid....

·
Registered
223 Posts
i had this problem but i had a few more mods. for me if the engine was to hot to touch the car wouldnt start, you could pump the gas as if it was not getting enough fuel but nothing could get it started until it cooled off. i installed a hks twin ignition fixed it been working 5 or 6 years no problems.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i had this problem but i had a few more mods. for me if the engine was to hot to touch the car wouldnt start, you could pump the gas as if it was not getting enough fuel but nothing could get it started until it cooled off. i installed a hks twin ignition fixed it been working 5 or 6 years no problems.
Something I might look into. Assuming this can't be used in conjunction with a DLI, right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.