Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i installed Flexalite 210's/ 220's running straight from ignition a couple weeks ago... for the first 3 days the car was fine never over heated... then it started to over heat and radiator fluid over flow... by the way the radiator was flushed and has the expensive red coolant in it not the cheap one... well anyways i put the car back to its stock clutch fan and it still over heats occasionally but not as much with the flexalites... basically i dont think i can drive it for a long period of time... but the problem started since the day i installed the flexalites... any ideas wat i can do?

Take Care
Bobby

·
Registered
13,581 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ya i saw that sticky thats why im trying to sell the flexalites to get those fans... i wish i knew about that month ago before i bought em... and yes i did install a hks type r fmic like 3 weeks ago... couple of days before the installation of the flexalites... the car is still on stock twins... and also i may add i'm in Houston... its getting really hot here now!!!

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
As air heats up it rises and gets trapped within the hood. I would recommend that you remove the stock hood and drive the vehicle. If the vehicle doesn't experience any overheating issues you will require venting the OEM hood or get a vented hood. The Top secret hood should work out but you may need to spend some $$$$ for it.

Joe.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
That's a good idea ...even though what would Joe know about driving fast in Texas? ;)

Why don't you guys just chip up some of those big oil dollars and air condition Texas. I've been there a few times in summer and it could use it!

·
Kill Story King
917 Posts
I run flex - a -lites with a greddy 3 row and had a little trouble keeping the temp low but a few things you can do is install a switch, vent the hood as mentioned above, or purchase wraps to keep under the hood temps lower, whole article in turbo this month about it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya sounds good any feed back on what hoods might be good i was thinkin trd but as stated above top secret is nice too

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
I tried the flex-a-lites 3 years ago. The very first day I drove it; the SOB over heated like no other. Mind you I was in stop and go traffic with no hard driving. I practically gave the fans away after that.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wonder why they even sell flexalites then for at that price... i mean i only kept that shit in there for less than a week... i think stock is nice but then again the engine space after installing the flexalite was nice too

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,186 Posts
so...wat do u guys think about the new aap motorsports fans....i think this would be a perfect remedy to get rid of the big old clutch fan....even it works fine....just to clear up some front space!!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya i think ill try that.... thanks suprastitious... and also i did flush out the radiator but then again it could be a air pocket or maybe its just cuz i live in houston and i have a big front mount

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
I think I 'm going to have a set of IS300 fans pulled from a junk yard and have a custom fan shoud made for the supra radiator. The Nippon Denso IS300 fans have never failed on me not even once and I have a few customers with over 200,000 miles on them already. They also flow more than any FAL or Spal or any other fan I have yet seen.

Joe.

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
If you are running a single turbo, you should have to cap 4 coolant lines, 2 front, 2 rear. What they need is to either be welded shut, or clamped with a hose pressure hose, then a bolt clamped into the end. What happens if you just clamp a rubber cap is that the heat and pressure of the coolant pin hole the ends or just blow them clean off altogether. Then you loose coolant slowly, and wind up with an overheating situation. First ensure that these points aren't leaking your coolant out, then pursure other options.

Eric

1 - 20 of 21 Posts