Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to get my car repainted (same color) and want to know if i should have a guy back in Ohio do it, or if i should bring the car down and have someone here do it. i was quoted 1700 to have it prepped, painted, and wet-sanded. i also need a little bit of work done on cracked/warped window mouldings on the hatch and the louvres on the side need painted black again (i could get away with doing the krylon touch on those, but might as well have someone who does it for a living take care of it).

any ideas?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Try Mark at Collision Specialties in Indian Trail (off Independence just past that SpeedStyles place). Good guy, does lots of work on imports and has very good attention to detail w/ reasonable prices. Tell him David with the black Lexus suggested him.

·
Unchained
633 Posts
For a quality job expect to pay $3000-$5000 (depends if the car needs any body work prior). Sure, you can get cheaper paint jobs but as I said, for quality expect to pay. To save your self some money remove all the trim and exterior parts yourself (door trim, headlite covers, window mouldings, bumpers, tail lites, mirrors, handles, all of it). You’d be amazed how much time and money is put into R&R and prep before and after the paint.

I haven’t had any paint work done here in Charlotte. One way to find quality painters is by going to car shows and asking owners where they had their cars painted. Even talk to people that have those wild and wacky paint jobs on their cars. If a painter can do something intricate they should be able to handle a solid color with no problem. Make sure you get the painters name NOT just the shop that did the work. A shop may have 2-4 painters but each of them could have varying experience.

The devil’s never gonna get me back. I don’t think so.
Scott

B

·
0 Posts
Venemus TT (john) ... knows a guy how paints cars... he had his car painted and I saw it a few weeks ago and I was impress...And Im very picky....

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am not looking for show quality paint, only enough to make it look factory quality. i think i may just have the guy back home do it as i've seen his work, and i can't beat the price.

thanks for the input, all!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts