Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has only started to happen reently.....

Here is my car setup...
BPU +++

17" Stock wheels - 235 40 / 265 40
HKS Hypermax II >5000 miles - Fronts 21 clicks rears 16 clicks
Trye pressures front 31, rear 30

Issue:....

Cruising at ANY speed, gently roll on the throttle and the car pulls resonably steadily but quickly to the right, however the steering wheel does NOT pull at all.

Nail the throttle and you dotn really notice any pull at all.

Drop the throttle from high rpms and it pulss to the right too, quickly and violently.

I cant see much play in the front arm bushings.....

HELP!!!!!!

M-Jay

·
Registered
133 Posts
Tyres, Check pressures are equal

Check Shocks, If you have adjustables they might be unevenly set on the rebound, I had this promlem with my Teins a 1 minute fix

if not check your shocks and srings..

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TRD3000 said:
Tyres, Check pressures are equal

Check Shocks, If you have adjustables they might be unevenly set on the rebound, I had this promlem with my Teins a 1 minute fix

if not check your shocks and srings..

:bigthumb:

As quoted, everything is checked, anyone know how to adjust rebound on HKS Hypermax iis?

·
Registered
133 Posts
mate,

You minght want to check out www.mkivsupra.net for supra enthusiasts that are awake at this time of the day :bigthumb:

I know of a few people on there who are running those shocks...

·
Registered
237 Posts
you may want to check you brake caliper or the brake lines. The caliper could be froze causing it to pull or a brake line could be swollen shut. Do you notice any differance when braking?
Jack the car up and spin each wheel, if one won't turn or it hard to turn bleed off the break line to determine weither it is the caliper or brakeline

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
devious supra said:
you may want to check you brake caliper or the brake lines. The caliper could be froze causing it to pull or a brake line could be swollen shut. Do you notice any differance when braking?
Jack the car up and spin each wheel, if one won't turn or it hard to turn bleed off the break line to determine weither it is the caliper or brakeline

Hand thought of that one, ill git it a go. Thanks

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
Or maybe some bushings on the real axle are worn? This could cause that the car is being pushed to one side if you accelerate or decelerate. Jack up your rear end and check if there is any loose (if you can slightly move one of the wheels forth and back).
If yes I would say that this is your issue..
Gerd

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hefti2 said:
Or maybe some bushings on the real axle are worn? This could cause that the car is being pushed to one side if you accelerate or decelerate. Jack up your rear end and check if there is any loose (if you can slightly move one of the wheels forth and back).
If yes I would say that this is your issue..
Gerd

Yeah, did that, but cant see too much play, I will check again though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts