Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know what the problem is anymore!!! Its so annoying, at higer speeds 90+ the car shakes.

I have done to following and still the car shakes:
Alignment
4 wheel balance
New rotors all around
new rear tires

and the car still shakes!!! any ideas?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how would I be able to know if the bearing are gone???

·
1,005 Posts
well, if it is the wheel bearings then when u raise your car up on a lift you would be able to kinda wobble the tires side to side with your arm strength. At least thats the only way i know how to do it...plus when u drive ur car shakes at high speeds like u said.

I kinda doubt that b/c you said u just had an alignment done so they should have detected it when they did the toe or camber for the wheels...anyone have any suggestions on what it might be???

·
Banned
97 Posts
My friend had a similar problem. Turned out his Diff is busted. Hope your problem isnt the same as his, cost a good chunk of change to get a new one. Good luck

·
Registered
532 Posts
i remember that this supra in houston told me that when he got on it the car started to shake and i believe it turned out to be that the front end was hit causing the frame not to be str8. therefore when he was goin fast the car would sorta shimmy a lilbit.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
baf32 said:
I dont know what the problem is anymore!!! Its so annoying, at higer speeds 90+ the car shakes.

I have done to following and still the car shakes:
Alignment
4 wheel balance
New rotors all around
new rear tires

and the car still shakes!!! any ideas?
How about the front tires?? Alignment will typically not cause a shake. Rotors will usually not cause a shake unless you're braking. Is the shake being felt in the steering wheel (indicates front end) or the seat (most likely rear end)? If your front tires are worn unevenly they could be the culprit. A substandard wheel balance job would be another likely suspect.

Jeff

·
DitchByTheSideOfTheRoad
485 Posts
I hope you find the problem and report back...

I have the same problem...I am not sure what it is as I have had my shocks/springs replaced...new tires...new pads/rotors...

Lates,
Brent

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've also reascently started having this problem. After I hit a big bump on the freeway doing 100+...

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DevilChrist said:
I've also reascently started having this problem. After I hit a big bump on the freeway doing 100+...
I don't think you have a bent rim but maybe your alignment got screwed when you hit the bump or possibly your wheel balance.

I have hit many bumps from driving thru downtown Baltimore everyday to go to work; basically I am trying to say that I put my rims through some crazy tough shit and I know they are not bent . . . but my car might fall apart soon if I don't torque everything out!

This is just my opinion from my own experiences.

Oh yeah my car has a slight shimmy above 100mph but not enough to make me worry and if I did get it fixed it would be there again probably the next week!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bent rim!! i had all my rims repaired at wheels america no more shaking!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts