Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys know anything about car sponsorships? A friend told me about a website (carsponsorships.com) and he said that I might be able to have someone sponsor my car through that. I just want to find out to see if anyone has ever been through the process and if there are any downsides to being sponsored (because isnt someone paying to upgrade your car?). Thanks a lot.

-David

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Do you guys know anything about car sponsorships? A friend told me about a website (carsponsorships.com) and he said that I might be able to have someone sponsor my car through that. I just want to find out to see if anyone has ever been through the process and if there are any downsides to being sponsored (because isnt someone paying to upgrade your car?). Thanks a lot.

-David
David,

A quick summary;

1. Whatever you do, carsponsorships.com is not the route to go. It's more like a scam considering you have to purchase through them, and you only get partial deals. The companies suck, and more often than not it's exactly what you DON'T WANT. Do you see Top Secret Japan on there? How about Veilside?... HKS? There's a reason you don't.

2. If you don't have the money to spend on the car in the first place, attempting to get "sponsored" for free stuff simply doesn't work. Usually, you already would have invested alot of cash to get your car even CONSIDERED. From the prospective of the potential sponsorer.... they want to see a track record of success, a boat load of cash already into the car, and a product they can market. In english, 99% of people will not fit into this category.

3. Sponsorships in my opinion, should be done IF and ONLY IF you are truely dedicated to the cause. If not, buy the parts yourself. You must be dedicated to the company, the show/track scene, and investing alot of your own time, money and hardwork.

- Vic

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got 'scammed' by them last year at a carshow.You have to pay a fee of 90 bucks to sign up.Then everything costs money after that *discounted* and most of the sponsors were of no interest to me anyway
The only way you get anything free *maybe* is if you win 1st place trophies at shows and then you might get something free if you put the sponsors decals on your car.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I got 'scammed' by them last year at a carshow.You have to pay a fee of 90 bucks to sign up.Then everything costs money after that *discounted* and most of the sponsors were of no interest to me anyway
The only way you get anything free *maybe* is if you win 1st place trophies at shows and then you might get something free if you put the sponsors decals on your car.
Happens all the time to people...

You can get FREE stuff without getting a 1st Place trophy, you just have to be dedicated to the cause. Again, the goal SHOULD NOT be trying to get "free stuff" but moreso being proud of representing the companies that put faith in your abilities.

- Vic

·
Isabel & Bryan
673 Posts
i did it and it sucks!

great if you have a civic! but there isn't shit for a mkiv

talk you up on the phone saying they only allow good cars w/ potential that will represent them in a positive way!
but they don't even want pics, so they don't know what your car even looks like!!

so my buddy applies and gets his beater mazda sponsored, and it has rust and miss matched wheels, i was like WTF????????????

after that i realized that it was just some joke and all they want is your fee money!

·
Registered
203 Posts
getting Sponsored is a give and take deal…IMO hit up local Sponsors 1st like Local Shops, etc. etc.

usually in order to get a Full Sponsorship with a Local Shop or to Join a Team and use their Sponsors, you have to attend meets, show up on weekends, and basically in return, you can get free installs, free products, and possible pick up more sponsors

start Local, and if you like it and are willing to invest the time, money, effort, then once your ride is up to snuff which can mean thousands upon thousands of dollars or something unique that can bring home trophies, something others stand back and say “that’s a nice ride” etc. etc. you can gain recognition and who knows where you can go from there

best of luck and i’d stay away from any place where you have to pay to get contacts like the one listed

·
BLACKOUT
1,864 Posts
its a scam ....trust me .....you shouldnt be looking for a sponsorship , if they want you , sponsorships will be looking for you !

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
applying for sponsorship is like applying for a credit card. When you got none, no one wants to help you. But onces you get these first few, then they will start coming your way. Like everyone says, your car has to be already at that level where you really dont need them, for them to give you free shit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts