Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car stalling when fuel level gets to half a tank..could it be fuel pump are somethinig else any help would be great thanks...

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Gonna need a little more info than that. Stalls when driving? When idling? Auto? Manual? How many miles on car? What other symptoms are there? How long has it been doing this? What seems to change when you get to half tank?

These are just the questions I could come up with off the top of my head, but "my car stalls after half a tank of gas is gone" is not going to help much.

·
Banned
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
stall after that tank is half gone...after u filll it up pass that point it will start but a little hard. It will stall no matter on the freeway or in idle if it gets to half a tank thanks.. yes its a 5spd thanks...stock bov...

·
7M-GTEU Turbo-A Powered
79 Posts
Acutally it starts up fine when its cold then after boosting for about an half hour (freeway run), I shut it down then it wont start back up... Has a hard time like its no fuel getting in or something. The car is a 88 7M-GTE with a rebult motor, new clutch, new tranny, and is a five speed. I am boosting at stock boost. Any suggestions ???

·
Registered
74 Posts
This sounds worrying. Check for error codes 1st, then if you can manage it, try and check your fuel pump. Maybe it could be knocked off it's mount or something and not picking up any fuel on the lower half of the tank.

Maybe there could be a leak, can you smell any fuel from the exhaust? (running too rich?) Can you smell any fuel from the under hood?

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
This sounds like vapor lock. The engine is so hot that some of the fuel in/near the rail will get bubbles in the line and lead to difficult restart.

Symptom:
Cranks but does not start up readily.
Once started, hiccups at low rpms
After you rev it up and get er going, all's fine.

BigCnLB said:
Acutally it starts up fine when its cold then after boosting for about an half hour (freeway run), I shut it down then it wont start back up... Has a hard time like its no fuel getting in or something. The car is a 88 7M-GTE with a rebult motor, new clutch, new tranny, and is a five speed. I am boosting at stock boost. Any suggestions ???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts