Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MSB for Life! :D
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Recently (I'd say past month or so), my car has been stalling randomly. Some specs:

Automatic
FMIC/DP/Exhaust
Intake
105,000 miles.

I'd say its only happened about four times, but three oof them happened in the past week. It normally happens in stop & go situations, like city streets or traffic.

Any input would be appreciated, thanks.
Tim

·
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yea. I have a SARD bov. And yes, it's vented to the atmosphere. So that's the culprit?

No loose intercooler piping. Usually when I had that, my car would stall out but it wouldn't let me start it back up without fixing it first.

·
Registered
143 Posts
and if you have the stock MAF. then that is your problem. what you can do is recirculate it back in the the intake. Or go the go the more expensive way for future upgrades which is a piggyback fuel controller

·
Registered
305 Posts
I vented to atmosphere on stock setup with HKS SSQV with no stalling problems... Maybe I got lucky.

·
A zone of danger.
1,175 Posts
The SSQV has been known for being able to dump to atmosphere without stalling issues. I've done it on both my Stealth TT and Supra while still on the MAF. Some say its the dual chamber design, and that seems to make the most sense.

·
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No vacuum leaks. I guess it's just the blow off valve since it only happens when I left off the gas after accelerating. I'd ask other SARD owners, but I don't know of any haha.

Thanks guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts