Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1jz killer
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 87 turbo, whenever i roll along the street without boosting at about 3500-4000 and press the clutch in to put in neutral to roll the car wants to stall some or most of the time. but when i boost and put it in neutral after i release the gas the idle is fine, i am using the stock bov, i took off my greddy one, so does anyone know why this is happening?

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
you prolly got a vac leak somewhere.

B

·
0 Posts
why would you be at 4000+ rpm and then suddenly want to put the car in neutral and let it coast?

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
bdekoning said:
why would you be at 4000+ rpm and then suddenly want to put the car in neutral and let it coast?
I'm gonna have to agree with this man here. Why would you want to do such a thing? The TPS and ISC valve is somewhat responsible for keeping the idle correct and most of the time, they aren't going to be able to catch the motor in time and not let it die. Most of the time it is going to die. If you have an aftermarket flywheel it will always do it. But why would you want to put it in neutral and idle RPM when you are cruising down the road?

B

·
0 Posts
again, if its only in this condition its something i would NOT be too concerned about.. its a practice you shouldnt be doing anyway..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts