Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ever since i got MK4 TT rims and lowered my car with eibachs, my car has been swaying. Sometimes it will drive straight, then suddenly it will pull hard to the left, then it will straighten out again, then suddendly it will pull hard to the right. It is very unpredictable and kinda dangerous :( i'm wanting to say that it is caused by me not getting my car aligned. Is there anything else that would cause this sort of rapid movement? ball joints? tie rod ends??

Thanks, Derek

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no

·
20G Boostin'
1,676 Posts
wheel alignment is a must... check for broken endlinks

also if you have the cash, get some ST sway bars, those will help keep the car VERY planted.

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
The wider tires will catch the ruts in the road, causing wander. I would also jack up the car and wiggle the wheels up, down and sideways, to see where there is movement.

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i lowered my car with eibachs and new OEM struts. I went to take it in for an alignment but the shop said that my tires were too bald and that i had them mounted on wrong. They just wanted me out because it was 15 minutes until closing time and they didn't want to start anything else.

My tie-rods and balljoints seem ok. I held the tire at the sides and pushed and pulled. Little to no movement. I did the same thing holding the tire at the top and bottom. Little to no movement at all. You can definetely see my camber problem but i can't afford to get new tires mounted just to get an alignment done. Unless that shop was bsing me about the too bald thing???

·
AWESOME AMAZING MEMBER
589 Posts
derK said:
i lowered my car with eibachs and new OEM struts. I went to take it in for an alignment but the shop said that my tires were too bald and that i had them mounted on wrong. They just wanted me out because it was 15 minutes until closing time and they didn't want to start anything else.

My tie-rods and balljoints seem ok. I held the tire at the sides and pushed and pulled. Little to no movement. I did the same thing holding the tire at the top and bottom. Little to no movement at all. You can definetely see my camber problem but i can't afford to get new tires mounted just to get an alignment done. Unless that shop was bsing me about the too bald thing???
If the tires are too bald, that could be your problem. when the big tires get older and balder they tend to deform, causing them to follow the "ruts" l(ines and semi-holes) in the road. Just make sure you check the mechanical parts in your car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts