Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, here is the deal. I bought a car from this junk yard down in eugene a while back, and basically brought it back from the grave. It had a title, so i figured everything would be all good when I went to get the title transfered. It turns out that the title was signed over to another guy. And I happened to know the ihstory of this car, and the guy who the title is signed over to now resides somewhere in michigan.

The lady at the dmv said I needed to get a bill of sale from the guy, I am thinking how in the fuck am I suppose to do that? I had an invoice from the junk yard, and mentioned thats where I bought the car from.

So wtf do I do? Can the auto junk yard issue me some kind of salvage title? Or maybe I can file for a lost title? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Nothing like restoring a car just to get dicked at title transfer.

·
Registered
594 Posts
well here's an idea that is not completely legal but feasible...just mock up a fake bill of sale. the other guy will most likely never know if the car has been residing in a junk yard...or the other option is to track the guy down and explain the situation and try to get a bill of sale that way

·
Registered
661 Posts
I would take it back to the junk yard and let that guy handle it. When you sell a car the title is suppose to be free and clear of ownership and if it has liens t hen you need a lien release letter.

G

·
casper said:
well here's an idea that is not completely legal but feasible...just mock up a fake bill of sale. the other guy will most likely never know if the car has been residing in a junk yard...or the other option is to track the guy down and explain the situation and try to get a bill of sale that way

Yeah, but you never know. What if you need to sell the car? :dunno:

-Dino

G

·
Since you have the car and have worked on it you can file a mechanics lean. the laws in every state are diffrent. more is show the you peformed a repair service on the car and the owner owes you money for it. if he does not pay the title can be reassigned to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts