Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Hustler
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a new high end SUV. I only keep cars for 8 months to a year tops. So I am looking for something I can buy and sell and not loose to much money.
What SUV's seem to hold their values? Which SUV's are Hot on the Market?
I am considering H2, Benz G500, Infiniti QX56, or a Range Rover. I really like the H2 but I here they are hard to move.
HELP ME OUT.
Thanks in Advance,
Chris :bigthumb:

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
Why not a Lexus LX470?

I saw a brand new Cadillac Escalade yesterday and it was really fuckin sweet lookin. Those trucks have always seemed to be quite popular.

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
BOOST ALMIGHTY said:
I am in the market for a new high end SUV. I only keep cars for 8 months to a year tops. So I am looking for something I can buy and sell and not loose to much money.
I am considering H2, Benz G500, Infiniti QX56, or a Range Rover. I really like the H2 but I here they are hard to move.
HELP ME OUT.
Thanks in Advance,
Chris :bigthumb:

Here is my advice hook up with someone who you know that has a dealer license. Go to whatever private dealer auction that's close to you. Most guys charge you between $500 and $1000. Unless you have to have a 2006 with zero miles on it. The last time I went there were many 2005 cars and trucks with under 5000 miles on them all makes all models they even had lambos and Mybachs. If i told you what i paid for my Z06 you would shit your pants :)

·
The Hustler
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a Dealer's Licence. I own a Motorcycle Dealership but I can still buy cars. I just dont know many people who deal a lot in the High end stuff.
I dont not like the caddy.

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
BOOST ALMIGHTY said:
I have a Dealer's Licence. I own a Motorcycle Dealership but I can still buy cars. I just dont know many people who deal a lot in the High end stuff.
I dont not like the caddy.

Well there you go, register your dealer with whatever private dealer auction that is local to you and go buy whatever you want.

·
GM Interior Designer
658 Posts
BOOST ALMIGHTY said:
None. Lexus is your only chance. Gas is too crazy for SUV's to hold their ground like they used to. If you can buy it way back of book at an auction then it won't hurt so bad when you go to get rid of it.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Ball Bearing Talon said:
If i told you what i paid for my Z06 you would shit your pants :)

i have a fresh pair ready, please do tell :bigthumb:

i am actually curious because i know someone with a dealer license, although acquaintance at best. i will have to work my way in there. :)

·
Never narc'd on nobody
3,246 Posts
BOOST ALMIGHTY said:
I think I might have decided on the LEXUS GX 470. Anybody have one?
Best choice out there.....

I've spent plenty of time in GX's and, of course, even more in their little brother the 4R. One thing; make sure you get one with KDDS....you want it, trust me, it rocks. The Nav and backup camera stuff if fun too. Driving position is dialed, good power, butter smooth engine, and quiet as a vault. Awesome handling/comfort with KDDS....one of the only select-a-ride type systems that actually works.

The only things that bug me are the folding rear seat setup and the swing-away tailgate. The folding seats and flip-up gate + sliding rear window setup in the 4Runner is much better IMHO, but the GX's works just fine. Leave the mandatory 3rd row seats in the garage unless you need them.

Too bad you're not in BC.....got a NICE full full load 05 with loooow miles on the lot that needs to go. American speedo too boot hehe

·
The Hustler
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Northof49 said:
Best choice out there.....

I've spent plenty of time in GX's and, of course, even more in their little brother the 4R. One thing; make sure you get one with KDDS....you want it, trust me, it rocks. The Nav and backup camera stuff if fun too. Driving position is dialed, good power, butter smooth engine, and quiet as a vault. Awesome handling/comfort with KDDS....one of the only select-a-ride type systems that actually works.

The only things that bug me are the folding rear seat setup and the swing-away tailgate. The folding seats and flip-up gate + sliding rear window setup in the 4Runner is much better IMHO, but the GX's works just fine. Leave the mandatory 3rd row seats in the garage unless you need them.

Too bad you're not in BC.....got a NICE full full load 05 with loooow miles on the lot that needs to go. American speedo too boot hehe
Yeah, the one I drove had the KDDS, was really cool. I couldnt believe how it worked. It made a huge difference. Now all I gotta do is find a deal on a black one.
Have you ever pulled anything with yours? If so, what kinda MPG did you get towing?

·
Never narc'd on nobody
3,246 Posts
BOOST ALMIGHTY said:
Yeah, the one I drove had the KDDS, was really cool. I couldnt believe how it worked. It made a huge difference. Now all I gotta do is find a deal on a black one.
Have you ever pulled anything with yours? If so, what kinda MPG did you get towing?
I've pulled with my 4R's quite a bit. No cars tho, 20 foot Sea Ray that weighs maybe 4-4500lbs wet. Tow was pretty effortless, never kept track of mileage but I usually get around 20 on the highway, so probably 14 or so towing?

There was a thread awhile ago with a member pulling his Supra a good distance with a V8 4R.....maybe he kept track of mileage.

Here: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=347738&page=2&highlight=4runner

·
The Hustler
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anybody have a QX56?? Thats another one of my Favorites.
"I THINK" I have narrowed it down to the Lexus or the Infiniti.

·
Banned
306 Posts
qx56

worst truck ever for reliability!!! run for your life!

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
fireballs gs400 said:
worst truck ever for reliability!!! run for your life!
Lol..thats what I thought also. It is a nice truck though...just not sure why the reliability report on it is so poor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts