Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
gt35/40?
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im lost on how to fix this, the car during normal driving will randomly turn off and then hard to start. It starts by hesitating then the tach hits zero and the motor is unresponsive.... its as if you put the key into accessory position. I noticed when i try to restart the car the CEL does not turn on/flash/ it just stays off.... normally when you turn the key to on.... all the lights come on for a second then turn off.... well it all normally happens but the CEL does not, it just stays off..... if i wait a few minutes.... and try to turn it on the CEL turns on for 3 seconds then turns off..... as if normal.

My only thoughts are..... bad ground/bad ecu

car stuffs:
hks VPC
SAFC
BL single turbo
stock fuel

checked so far:
battery terminals are tight
battery is good
spark plugs are new

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
i guess you need to break out the DVOM and start checking for pinched wires, shorts, opens, etc... i would start with the pcm ground, check it while wiggling it and see if the readings change. see if the connector is even tightened all the way, i had that problem one time, it was just a little too loose. if the engine was pulled, check chassis ground. check all fuses dealing with pcm, efi, etc... sometime you can have fuse that is partially burnt. just start checking for any electrical irregularities.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
1,020 Posts
Just a thought, but what you are describing could be as simple as the ECU wiring harness not fully connected to the ECU. Use a 10mm shallow socket/racheting wrench to tighten it while you push the harness on with the other hand. Seen it before, worth a try, good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts