Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I let my car warm up then when its warm and rev it and let gas pedal go it will turn off.
also when iam driving and come to a stop turns off and when i turn it back on it would idle up and down and stays on what could it be I checked and reset my timing but its the same. could it be my ISC VALVE or the sensor on the throttle, help me guys.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Sounds like the ISC. I'd start there and if that doesn't fix it look at the TPS' internal idle switch.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Dash pot, it prevents your tb from snapping closed and shutting your car off. try manually adjusting your screws on you TB (dont touch the screw that was sealed off from the factory) until you hit the working range for your dash pot or just replace it and hope it works.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Technically the dashpot is an emissions control. It's purpose is to prevent the engine from going rich when the throttle is cut quickly. With that in mind, it can serve as a buffer or bandaid for something else that's wrong with the system, such as a bad idle switch in the TPS.

To adjust the dashpot you open the throttle up, clamp the vent line coming from it and when you release the throttle plate the dashpot's piston should be adjusted to hold the engine at 2500RPM (IIRC).

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know how you feel man. It still happens to me and I'm just too damn lazy to find out. But whats funny for me is that after it's all warmed up and I let it cool for about 10 mins, it runs fine. Shit, I hope you do a lot better then mines.

·
Registered
6 Posts
check for codes, engine light doesnt have to be on to have stored a code but it really soundslike the tps or the idle air control. my was doing the same thing and it had a code 52 for no idl signal. i had to adjust the tps and the timing. it hasnt done it since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts