Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
//gwailo-
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been talking with sean @ TF late and he suggested it MIGHT be an IC hose came loose somewhere but I checked and did not see anything poped off. I also had my uncle listen to the noise. Mike and I had already determined it was in the turbo/BOV area and my uncle just confirmed it. so I started examining all my hoses and found what I believe is the problem. If not THE problem, it's still a problem so I'm glad I found it!

When I was modifying my BOV bracket to give clearance for my TRD STB it put pressure on the rubber fitting that caps off where the stock BOV is re-routed back into the pipe. because my BOV now vents atmospherically. (whoo! big word.. prolly spelled wrong) Anyway, as the BOV vibrated to road conditions it rubbed a hole in the rubber cap over time. (about the size of a screw head)

I am going to get a replacement and see if it solves the problem. If not then :\ that sucks.

A place like Shucks or (lol) Pep Boys should have what I'm looknig for right?

//gwailo-

·
//gwailo-
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I tried a number of Shucks, Napa, a Pep Boys and called Toyota and NOONE has what I am looking for. I am looking for a 3/4" rubber end cap. Thats it. I have a clamp I just need the cap and no one has it. Does anyone know a place that might?

//gwailo-

·
//gwailo-
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not only did I find it but it WAS the problem. I am so relieved! My car is all better now. Yay!

//gwailo-

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Glad ya got it fixed, where did you end up getting the part?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts