Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I start up the Supra (BPU) from several hours of sleep and attempt to drive off, it feels like it's towing a trailer with 5 baby elephants. Even barely on the gas out of boost, it's frighteningly sluggish, as if it's going to stall. From what I hear this probably feels something like "limp mode"? When the (auto) tranny shifts to 2nd -- once again barely on the throttle here -- the rpms get a bit funky, dipping down and suddenly going back up. Once I'm at operating temperature in a couple of minutes everything is as smooth as butter! Pulls great. What could cause this?

·
Why an Auto??
361 Posts
How long do you let the car run before you decide to put it in drive?

·
Why an Auto??
361 Posts
15 seconds?

Beau, my rear O2 sensor is unplugged... but it's been like that for 6 months.
Give it a few minutes for it to warm up. I usually wait until the temp gauge starts registering a good bit. I do believe it even states in the owners manual to allow sufficient warm up time and cool down time.

·
Registered
157 Posts
What sort of fuel management are you running? Upgraded fuel system? Do you have a wideband or EGT gauge installed by any chance? My car damn near chokes itself out with fuel on a cold start if I try to so much as even bump the gas pedal. Which I know is due to the 850s and the tune. :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts