Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put my car back together and I cant get the car to rev higher than 2500rpm's. I checked all the vacum lines and wires. Has anyone had a problem like this????

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
QUick question. Do you you have a S-AFC? I had (I believe) my sensor input type set at Karman by mistake and it never made it past 2500 rpm. In fact the car wanted to die if I didn't let off by 2500 rpm. I set it back to Hotpoint (correct?) and the car is monney all the way to redline. I know it's a longshot, but I hope it helps.

Eric

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Superfist said:
Just put my car back together and I cant get the car to rev higher than 2500rpm's. I checked all the vacum lines and wires. Has anyone had a problem like this????
Most likely your ECU is not getting the proper incoming air signal from the MAF. In that case ECU opts to "fail-safe" mode, and allows you to limp back home at up to 2500rpm, until the signal cuntinuity is restored. Check and make sure it's connected securely, and that you haven't pinched the signal wire anywhere.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys.
Im going to check them out and se what happens.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MONSTER- Thanks for the suggestion. I was helping him replacing the oil pump. The engine was lifted up and out towards the front about 6-8 inches inorder to drop the oil pans. We were making sure not to damage any wire harnesses. Do you think we might have over stretched one of the wires in the harness in the engine compartment possibly breaking one of the signal wires?

Cowboy Bebop- He doesn't have the S-AFC but VPC and GCC instead.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wingz said:
MONSTER- Thanks for the suggestion. I was helping him replacing the oil pump. The engine was lifted up and out towards the front about 6-8 inches inorder to drop the oil pans. We were making sure not to damage any wire harnesses. Do you think we might have over stretched one of the wires in the harness in the engine compartment possibly breaking one of the signal wires?

Cowboy Bebop- He doesn't have the S-AFC but VPC and GCC instead.

wingz, since he uses VPC there is no use for factory MAF harness.......hmmmmm.......engine definitely seems to be operating in fail-safe or limp-home mode.....

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was going to say, if you still had the MAF that would be the problem. Mine did that and wouldn't go over 3000rpms and it was that MAF.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts