Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant get my car to start after i replaced the gasket inbetween the upper and lower intake manifold. I have checked every fuse and the aem still seems to be working

The car cranks over and sometimes almost starts then dies out and the car smokes like crazy. It ran fine before i took the manifold off.

I dont see any loose lines or anything not connected that wasnt before.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked all those things a bunch of times..

I think my plugs as gas soaked.. I pulled one and it was drenched! Hopefully thats it!

·
Registered
240 Posts
if you took the manifold off you might want to check and make sure u connected all the ground wires back on... as many people have forgotten to connect one back on and cause it to not start... usually its the one close to the TB that gets forgotten since its small... good luck...

·
How does my exhaust smell
1,014 Posts
I had the same problem right after I installed my fuel system (which requires removing the intake manifold). My problem was I broke one of the wires on the #1 camshaft position sensor. All that shit is brittle under the hood and can break without you noticing it.

Do you have any logs from when you try to start the car, or notice anything unusual in the "No Start" parameters?

D

·
0 Posts
Had a very similar problem. Somehow, the AEM calibration got screwed up. So I downloaded the latest v.1.03 software, modded the setup on a laptop, uploaded the new software into the AEM, uploaded the new calibration, re-set the throttle range, and it fired right up.

If you're plugs are gas soaked, just pull the fuses on the fuel pumps and crank it a few times. Then re-install the fuses for startup.

·
Registered
337 Posts
BlitzTT said:
if you took the manifold off you might want to check and make sure u connected all the ground wires back on... as many people have forgotten to connect one back on and cause it to not start... usually its the one close to the TB that gets forgotten since its small... good luck...

DITTO THIS! Cheack the bundle of ground wires that hook to on of the bottom bolts on the intake, I overlooked on of these one time and had the same problem you are talking about.

·
Registered
532 Posts
here is something very simple you can check...it has the same symptoms that you are describing, and is very easily overlooked.
look at the very back of the intake mani. you will see a big ~1in diameter hose that connects to a hardpipe. make sure that the hoses and hardpipes are all connected as this will cause your car to turn on but die out immediately. if you have a breather filter there then disreguard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts