Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to use search and advance search on Google, but couldnt find anything SO maybe someone on here can shine some light on my problems.

We just got done installing the BL 67mm single kit. I'm pretty sure I have done everything by the book... For some reason when i start the car it will start for like 2 seconds, stumble and die. If if give it a little gas once it starts it will continue running and seem normal, but will still die once I let off the gas. I'm am pretty sure i have done all the small thing like the EGR block offs, put resistors in the 4 plugs on the turbo side that used to plug into the stock twins.... Are the any things you guys can think of that I need to check that I could have possible missed?

BTW: The car is still on the MAF, and will be running a AFC Neo for the time being.

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
You are sure that you hooked up the IACV hose correctly after the MAF? Other than that seems not feasable to me.
Do you have a pic of the engine bay?

·
498 Posts
My "1st Car Ever". An Aqua Green 1995 EAGLE Talon TSi AWD back in May 2004. I had the same problem. But it was %100 STOCK and Never Modified. It went away after the Summer, but then came back after the following Winter ended.

Sold it in Late 2005/2006. Got something better. The Rare Supra TT 6-Spd HT.

So...........Boost Leak? Air Sensor? Something with the Air to Fuel cutout???

Check it all I say.

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
make sure all your intercooler pipes are fully in the couplers and tight, check that the IACV is plugged in along with the MAF and no vacuum lines are popped off. try spraying something like brake clean around the intake areas and if you spray it somewhere and it runs better, you have a vacuum leak.

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
Basically it almost can´t be anything different than that beside of the IACV stepper motor itselve but this is rare to be defective and even more important:very expensive:(... Just keep us posted.

·
498 Posts
Dumb question here (half tired), but IACV???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts