Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I <3 red Box Beyoch.
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished my BHG repair and now the car will not idle, if i gas it it will stay on, it misses alot and right before it dies the boost gauge goes up to 0 as if its losing vaccum in the manifold maybe? So i disconnected the 3000 pipe and the car idles like a dream, as soon as i reconnected it bam right back to shitty idle then die.

The timing was off at first and i lined the cams and crank back up, the cps was also one tooth off and i fixed that, should the timing be right now, or do i have to do something to the ecu to reset it. THanks guys

·
***ified?
1,087 Posts
you are sure that the AFM and O2 sensor are connected? Check for vacuum and boost leaks too.

·
I <3 red Box Beyoch.
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well every now and then itll pop up but it goes away, i checked it yesterday and it was spitting out 11, now its not doing that.

·
I <3 red Box Beyoch.
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im sure everythings connected, i checked over n over on the boost leaks and found a couple, i just checked my cam gears and they are off a tooth or two between the two, silly me, i thought that wouldnt make a big deal, so im gonna line them up now, does that sound like thats why im not idleing?

·
I <3 red Box Beyoch.
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok now im getting a lil frustrated, i lined the cams back up with the crank TDC, WOuld i have to reset the ECU? I started it and same shit, rough idle then die, if i gas it, it tachs up, misses a lilttle then falls back down and dies, im thinking my AFM might be bad, what are the syptoms of that? Now im getting a knock sensor code, but it came loose, and i know the car would still idle if that was disconnected, im out for tonight hopefully i can figure this out tommorow, downtime really sux.

·
Level 2 Rhythm Rogue
258 Posts
Mine did this after rebuild. Check your timing. When you push the CPS into the head it'll shift the gear left or right, you need to be watching it so you know whether your timing is advanced or retarded.

Lining everything up as shown in the FSM and having the CPS cover off while installing is very helpful because you can watch the rotor hop either way and know which way you need to rotate to correct it.

·
Level 2 Rhythm Rogue
258 Posts
And since I now read that you've checked the timing, I say check it again to be sure. Also try starting the car with the intake attached, but the AFM unplugged. This should give you "failsafe" mode where the car should run enough to limp you home. If the car idles fine then, you'll know its the AFM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts